Presented by the Chief Executive of the Federation of @AwardingBodies, Tom Bewick, #SkillsWorldLIVE is a new radio show that builds on the popular #SkillsWorld podcast series, where Tom interviews leading figures shaping the post-compulsory education and skills systems, including apprenticeships in the UK, and across the world.
Episode 1: Is the calculated grades approach to summer examinations fair on students? - 23rd April 7-8pm (BST)
- Dr Gill Wyness, Associate Professor in Economics of Education, and Deputy Director of the Centre for Education Policy and Equalising Opportunities (CEPEO) at University College London
- Dr Fiona Summers, Head of Quality and Assessment at YMCA Awards
- Dr Rebecca Conway, Head of Policy and Strategy at Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB)
- Mardy Leathers, Director, Office of Workforce Development at State of Missouri
- Lucy Dunleavy, CEO & Founder at LearnBox
- Lucy Hunte, National Programme Manager – Apprenticeships at NHS Health Education England
Songs include: Walking a tightrope - Mindme with Mia Pfirrman, Tired of Waiting - Hallman, Celebration of Life - Tomas Skyldeberg, Help you let it go - Deanz feat. Andy Delos Santos, and Makes me feel - Alex Dovo
Listen to Dr Gill Wyness discuss the findings of her research here:
Don't miss Episode 2: Should the skills sector get its own bailout? - 24th Apil 7-8pm (BST)
- Call: 020 32 900 111
- Twitter: #SkillsWorldLIVE @FENews
Please let us know if there is an important topic you would like to debate that we haven’t included yet!
Tune in to #SkillsWorldLIVE 7-8pm on Weekdays, Monday to Friday and subscribe here for notifications!