Website Acorn Training Ltd
Hours: 37.5 weekly
To undertake a key role in enhancing the quality of education and training in the field of health and social care. This position combines advanced teaching, mentoring, and curriculum development to support the professional growth of individuals pursuing career advancement in healthcare. You will ensure that learners are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed to excel in the dynamic health and social care sector, particularly in the context of mental health.
• Develop and maintain up-to-date, evidence-based, and innovative curriculum materials related to mental health care, ensuring alignment with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
• Deliver advanced, engaging, and effective training sessions and group workshops to learners, enabling them to understand and apply concepts and techniques relevant to mental health care.
• Provide effective one-on-one mentoring and guidance to learners, supporting their personal and professional development in the field of mental health.
• Create and administer assessments, providing constructive feedback to learners on their performance and progress. Implement a variety of evaluation methods to gauge learner achievement.
• Stay updated on current trends, best practices, and emerging research in the field of mental health and incorporate this knowledge into teaching and curriculum development.
• Collaborate with colleagues, professionals, and external stakeholders to foster a conducive learning environment and to ensure the continued relevance and excellence of the programme.
• Ensure that all aspects of teaching and learning comply with regulatory standards, accrediting bodies, and organisation policies.
Key Performance Indicators
• The progress made by learners over time, as measured by their performance, skills development, and achievement of specific learning outcomes from their starting point.
• The quality of feedback provided to learners, including its effectiveness in guiding their development and continuous improvement.
• The standard and quality of teaching, learning and assessment practice, in both 1:1 and group delivered sessions.
• The level of engagement and collaboration with stakeholders, ensuring effective coordination and alignment in training processes and practices.
• The level of learner and employer satisfaction with the teaching, learning and assessment process and approach.
• The timeliness and level of learner achievement, including improved performance, increased knowledge retention, and enhanced skills acquisition.
Health and Safety
• You will ensure you follow all Acorn Training health and safety guidelines and fire regulations set out in the polices, follow safe working practices and complete any mandatory training.
• Be aware of and follow all Acorn Training policies.
• Have regular 121’s throughout the year to monitor performance, objectives and progress and support your personal development and wellbeing.
• Take part in any required training needed to fulfil your role.
• Commitment to the Professional Standards – Values and Attributes, Professional Knowledge and Understanding and Professional Skills.
• Promote and uphold the principles, policies, and all relevant statutory requirements, including the Equality Act, the HASWA, GDPR and Safeguarding, including Prevent.
• Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post.
Qualifications and specific training
• Bachelor’s degree in mental health, psychology, or a related field. (Essential)
• PGCE in post-16 education and training or equivalent. (Essential)
• Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA) or equivalent, or willingness to work toward. (Essential)
• GCSE grade A*-C (or equivalent) in English and Maths. (Essential)
• Full, clean driving licence and access to vehicle for travel. (Essential)
• Level 4 IQA qualification. (Desirable)
• IOSH Health and Safety at Work qualification. (Desirable)
• First Aid at Work qualification. (Desirable)
• Significant teaching and curriculum development experience in a further education or commercial training environment. (Essential)
• Substantial experience working in the mental health field. (Essential)
• Supporting learners to achieve successful outcomes in a work-based environment. (Essential)
• Practical experience in conducting crisis intervention and providing support to individuals in distress.(Essential)
• Working with a diverse caseload of learners. (Essential)
• Experience in curriculum leadership or management. (Desirable)
• Deep knowledge of mental health theories, models, and best practices. (Essential)
• Strong understanding of mental health disorders, treatment modalities, and therapeutic techniques.(Essential)
• Familiarity with the healthcare regulatory environment in the mental health sector. (Essential)
• A good understanding of and commitment to Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity Safeguarding and Counterterrorism legislation as it applies to teaching, learning and assessment. (Essential)
• Competent in the use of ICT to support teaching, learning, assessment, and communication. (Essential)
• Active involvement in professional networks or associations related to mental health education. (Desirable)
• Knowledge of e-learning platforms and innovative teaching methodologies. (Desirable)
• Outstanding teaching and presentation skills. (Essential)
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. (Essential)
• Strong research and evaluation skills. (Essential)
• Strong project management skills. (Essential)
• Dedication to learner success and personal development. (Essential)
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively. (Essential)
• Adherence to high ethical standards and professionalism. (Essential)
• Proficiency in educational technology and online learning tools. (Desirable)
• Proven leadership and team collaboration abilities. (Desirable)
As a recognised, highly inclusive employer, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from Black and Minority, Ethnic (BAME) communities, LGBTQ+ communities, and individuals living with disabilities and from applicants where sectors are typically misrepresented by gender stereotypes.
Acorn Training aspires to be a Positive about Disabled Lead employer.