Assistant Head Teacher – Attendance & Safeguarding
Post Number: 484
Salary Range: £47,739 – £52,745 per annum
( Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Term Time Only Contracts will occur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September
Contract Type: Permanent & Full time
Hours: 37 hours per week
SGS Forest High School is situated in Cinderford, Forest of Dean. SGS Forest High School has engaged with some of the best learning providers in the county to establish a rich, extensive curriculum and to support classroom teaching. We at SGS Forest High School aim to inspire students to become confident, ethical and compelling individuals with the aspiration and qualities to shape a better future for all.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor SGS Forest High School as part of their Multi-Academy Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust.
For more information, please visit https://academytrust.sgscol.ac.uk/
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Fulfilling the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead in accordance with statutory duties, SGSAT expectations and national best practice.
* Leading a team of specialist staff to improve students’ attendance, keep them safe and promote their wellbeing.
* Promoting the image of the Trust as one that is committed to the highest standards of delivery and service.
* Sharing the Trust’s commitment to safeguarding and prioritising the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and demonstrating it in your day to day work.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
* Educated to degree level
* Accredited professional training or qualifications, including PGCE or equivalent.
* Significant experience as a Designated Safeguarding Lead.
* Experience of improving attendance in a year group/house or whole school.
* Builder and maintainer of positive, professional relationships with all.
Why choose SGS Forest High School?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS/Teachers Pension scheme, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Friday 20th May 2022
Expected Interview Date: w/c 23rd May 2022
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.