Website Morgan Hunt
Morgan Hunt are working with New City College to recruit for a Carpentry Lecturer!
Whether you are already an experienced Carpentry Lecturer OR are coming straight from the trade, this could be the right role for you.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
* To teach and assess learning on a range of courses, which include 14-19 and adult learners. Courses range from entry level to level 3, including college based qualifications and workforce development.
* To work effectively as a member of the team, liaising with Senior Curriculum Manager and all colleagues in the College.
* To take an active role in own professional development in relation to all aspects of the role.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In common with all other staff:
* To support the College’s mission, vision, values and strategic objectives;
* To implement the College’s equal opportunities policies and to work actively to overcome discrimination on grounds of race, sex, disability, sexuality, age or status in the College’s services;
* To take responsibility for one’s own professional development and participate in relevant internal and external activities
* To implement the College’s safeguarding policies and practices.
* To implement your health and safety responsibility in line with the College’s Health and Safety policy.
* To ensure that data is handled in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
In common with all other lecturing staff:
* To teach on a range of courses at community or main College sites.
* To be a personal tutor/course co-ordinator for a designated group of students within a range of courses.
* To be involved in all processes and College procedures related to the selection, interviewing, admissions, enrolment, induction and tracking of students.
* To develop the curriculum in line with national requirements, local community needs, and the needs of employment.
* To develop student-centred teaching and learning strategies, which contribute to, increased retention, achievement and progression.
* To prepare and monitor appropriate syllabuses, schemes of work and learning outcomes.
* To act as a leader/member of appropriate teams and to liaise with colleagues in the design, delivery and evaluation of all aspects of the course.
* To provide regular feedback to students as identified in the College Charter, and to give group and individual tutorial support to enable them to achieve maximum benefit from their course or programme.
* To observe procedures for student monitoring, discipline and complaints in accordance with the College Charter.
* To liaise with employers and other agencies with respect of student placement supervision, course and assignment design, career and higher education opportunities.
* To attend external courses and conferences as relevant to the work of the Programme.
* To compile and maintain course records.
* To contribute to the College’s annual assessment and review process, including comprehensive review and evaluation of the area of work for which s/he is responsible.
* To follow all processes relating to qualifications and examinations, including registration and submissions to validating bodies, liaison with the College Exams Officer, moderators and external verifiers in accordance with College policy.
Particular to the Post:
* To teach accredited Carpentry qualifications both in College and on employers’ premises.
* To support the Directorate with the development of Carpentry qualifications.
* To design and deliver flexible training programmes that develop the knowledge and vocational skills that learners need to achieve their qualification succeed.
* To act as a point of contact in between the Directorate, employers and awarding bodies in relation to Carpentry qualifications.
* To ensure the contractual requirements of the relevant awarding bodies and QCA are kept at all times.
* To assess and train students or apprentices from induction to achievement while staying within the QCA framework and standards.
* To be responsive to employers needs, and have a high degree of customer service
* To undertake learner diagnostic assessments and the compilation of individual learning plans.
* To undertake course reviews and other procedures in order to meet the quality requirements of the College’s Common Inspection Framework.
* To feedback regularly to the lead Internal Verifier on student progress and attend meetings as necessary.
* To map training courses to accredited qualifications and undertake appropriate assessment and review procedures to meet the requirements of Awarding Bodies.
* To keep records of all training sessions delivered that clearly set out session aims, objectives and activities.
* To prepare reports, as required, for the Curriculum Managers and the Directorate Administrative team.
* To maintain appropriate records to meet the contractual obligations of external funders.
* To promote the services of the Directorate to employers, and other appropriate partners.
* To undertake research and needs analysis to inform the design of customised training.
* To carry out administration associated with the role as necessary.
If this sounds of interest to you, please apply today and we will be in touch!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual’s skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.