Website Morgan Hunt
Employment and Progression Officer
Are you interested in Employer Engagement roles in London? Morgan Hunt are pleased to announce that we are working with one of London’s biggest college groups, together we are seeking to appoint a Employment and Progression Officer – apply today!
Job Title: Employment and Progression Officer
Job Type: Permanent
As a Employment and Progression Officer, your responsibilities will include:
* Facilitate the achievement of sustained employment, education, and training
* Actively engage with local employers and employer networks to capture vacancies, work trials and work experience opportunities for customers.
* Brokering opportunities (Work Tasters, Work Experience, Work Trials, Working Interviews, SWAP and Vacancies) for participants, building, and maintaining portfolio of local employer accounts
* Developing strong links with employers through regular telephone and face- to-face contact
* Negotiating alternative method of recruitment, e.g., Working Interviews
* Maximising opportunities and supporting to secure employment and education opportunities for participants, in line with ESF and Employability KPI’s as a minimum
* Providing in work support to employers and participants
* Understanding the skills, interests and experience of participants and proactively matching them to opportunities either for employment or further education and training including apprenticeships.
* Supporting participants at the interview stage of their journey.
* Networking with the business community and enterprise organizations
* Support the IAG team with participants who need progression opportunities into Employment, Education and Training including case loading of referrals made by the IAG team sourcing & matching and supporting interview preparation.
* Ensuring that all employers are aware of the full portfolio of products and services on offer across WKCIC
* Ensuring accurate reporting of all activity and outputs including audit complaint evidence.
* Engage with London wide providers to source opportunities for progression.
* Work closely with JCP within London actively promoting all programmes.
* Work closely within the communities to actively promote programmes and engage the hard-to-reach potential participants
* Help with enrolments where needed
* Communicate with wider supply chain on monthly basis all progression opportunities.
* Capturing all actual and planned activity using systems in place.
* Ascertaining spaces on programmes and relaying these to the ESF team on a weekly basis
* Any other duties required in line with supporting the ESF and Employability Teams with employment and progression opportunities.
Skills & experience
* Minimum Level 3 IAG qualification or Careers Guidance Qualification (e.g. Diploma in Careers Guidance, Qualification in Careers Guidance, NVQ Level 4 in Guidance or QCG)
* Experience of supporting unemployed adults
* Significant experience of providing Careers Education and Guidance, including employability to a range of participants including adults and young people
* Experience of selecting and preparing participants for job and other opportunities
* Experience in supporting participants entering the labour marketing including returners and long term unemployed.
* Would ideally suit someone with sales/recruitment background, or someone with a background in welfare to work.
* Computer skills (Microsoft Office) – ideally intermediate with the ability to pick up and learn other systems/software as and when required.
* An eye for detail supporting audit compliant evidence gathering.
* Experience of people development in an individual and group environment and able to train, coach and mentor across a range of participants.
* Evidence of setting and achieving targets across a broad range of KPI’s
* Good communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication and learning styles.
If you are interested in working in the Employer Engagement Field in London, please apply to this advert with a CV today and a consultant will contact you!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual’s skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.