Website KM Education Recruitment Ltd
KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Skills and Employability sectors.
Job Title: Functional Skills Tutor
Location: Derby – East Midlands (centre based and in the work place)
Salary: up to £27,000 (depending on skills and experience)
Package includes: Excellent holiday entitlement, Business Mileage, Pension + much more
Type: Full time, Permanent
• Deliver Functional Skills Maths and English from Entry Level 1 – Level 2 on a 1:1 and group basis – centre based and in the work place.
• Identify learner’s strengths and weaknesses through initial assessment diagnostics and support them accordingly.
• Develop own learning materials and assessment plans.
• Prepare and develop innovative sessions, design and deliver group activities to achieve positive outcomes, embedding the learning, wherever possible, to make the sessions relevant.
• Provide support to learners with employability needs as and when required.
• Identify any barriers to learning and plan effective training based on individual learner needs.
• Provide progress feedback to learners and provide support to ensure they meet their set goal / target.
• Ensure each learner’s progression is recorded efficiently.
• Must hold a recognised Teaching qualification at Level 3 or above (AET / PTLLS)
• Experience of delivering English and Maths Functional Skills to level 2.
• Experience of delivering training to groups.
• Must have experience of preparing session plans.
• Enthusiastic individual who is able to make a real impact and make learning exciting
• Demonstrate confidence, tenacity and ability to work on own initiative.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.