Website BPIF Training
BPIF Training are largest supplier of apprenticeships to the print and associated industries sector. At BPIF training, we focus on the all-round needs of the dynamic print and manufacturing workplace. That requires joined-up thinking that goes beyond the press room. As the UK’s largest provider of print industry apprenticeships, boasting print specialists who have clocked up hundreds of years of combined experience, our heritage is clear. But the breadth of our deep knowledge doesn’t stop there. From Manufacturing to Management, and from an Introduction to Print to Negotiation and Persuasion, we implement training solutions to meet the evolving and dynamic needs of the industry.
BPIF Training Ltd, are a subsidiary company and the training arm of the British Printing Industries Federation (BPIF) who are the principal business support organisation representing the UK print, printed packaging, and graphic communications industry. BPIF are on the Register of Apprenticeships Training Providers (RoATP) and were awarded a Grade 2 by Ofsted in 2019.
To continue to ensure high-level quality in apprenticeship delivery we are recruiting a Head of Quality and Delivery to have overall responsibility for the effective management of quality across the business, nationally
As Head of Quality and Delivery, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of quality assurance processes for all apprenticeship programme delivered by the business. You will also be responsible for ensuring a high-quality curriculum across all apprenticeship programmes. This will involve managing a team of quality and performance managers and implementing high-quality coaching and assessment strategies whilst also adhering to quality assurance processes that validate the quality of induction, KSB development and outcomes. You will play a leading role in Ofsted Inspections and be responsible for achieving and maintain a positive outcome.
Main Purpose of the Job
• Have overall responsibility for the quality improvement provision across all areas of delivery (national)
• Be the subject matter expert for all areas of the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework or any updated framework.
• Promoting a culture of continuous improvements though setting robust quality improvement objectives with managers and monitoring progress to ensure achievement
• Effectively lead and manage a team of apprenticeship quality and performance managers in order to drive and implement effective improvement and supporting the development of curriculum that meets the needs of our apprentices and employers.
• Lead the quality and performance team and oversee assurance and development activities ensuring that they are carried out in a timely and effective manner and in line with the quality of training and training outcomes processes and procedures.
• Working closely with quality and performance management teams, identify and implement any improvements to drive continuous improvement
• Positively challenge and validate quality and performance teams’ quality assurance activity and reports to drive continuous improvement
• Drive performance and enhance the delivery of all skills and vocational training programmes to ensure that all learners are achieving positive outcomes from their initial starting point to their timely achievement, ensuring that overall and timely success rates remain above the national average.
• Lead the self-assessment and quality improvement planning process, working closely with the quality, performance, and compliance management team.
• Work closely with the Head of Data and Compliance, ensuring that all funding and compliance requirements are implemented effectively across delivery teams.
• Produce regular reports for Directors on quality performance across the business and attend meetings to present as required.
• Implement strategies to ensure a sustainable workforce that is flexible, adaptable and talent focussed, particularly though the development of the craft of teaching.
• Celebrate successes and achievements of the quality and performance team as an integral part of the role.
• Undertake continuous professional development activities ensuring that the requirements of the post are met, engaging direct reports to do the same
Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
• Ensure quality and compliance standards are maintained to the highest standards in line with Ofsted ESFA/DfE and other funding organisation requirements
• Define and monitor our apprenticeship delivery approach, using innovative and engaging learning strategies, and ensure consistent high-quality delivery of this curriculum to all apprentices
• Work closely with apprenticeship quality and performance management teams to advise on the development and revision of curricula
• Lead on the development and implementation of quality improvement plans/strategies ensuring processes are measured and monitored effectively
• Ensure systematic approaches are adopted to achieve outstanding personal development, behaviour and attitudes for all apprentices
• Oversee the embedding of the maths, English and digital skills strategy
• Oversee the standardisation process
• Analyse performance across a range of quantitive and qualitative indicators to ensure high levels of education, information, advice and guidance and leaning support
• Monitor and report changes in quality and compliance trends on the learner journey
• Liaise with appropriate staff and teams to ensure that systems in support of the quality of education, verification and any additional support requirements in place are effective
• Lead on identifying, planning and implementing CPD activity to meet the emerging and ongoing needs of quality and performance staff and delivery staff.
• Oversee the coaching and training provided to teams and ensure the impact of these processes are measured within the apprenticeship learning journey, such as IAG, skills development and teaching, learning and assessment.
• Support the Designated Safeguarding Officer and the safeguarding team in ensuring all safeguarding and prevent requirements are met.
• Consistently meeting KPI’s and targets associated with the role
• Be proactive in seeking external body and sector updates, ensuring these are cascaded to quality and performance managers and their teams.
• Conduct yourself in line with company values and code of conduct
• Practice and promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
• Actively participate in, and promote the safeguarding, prevent and health and safety policies and be vigilant to potential concerns and risks at all times
• Ensure confidentiality and professionalism at all time
• Undertake such duties as may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility and nature of the job, in discussion with your line manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Proven experience of performing a similar Head of Quality and Performance role within a work-based learning provider/independent learning provider
• In depth knowledge of government funded programmes
• In depth knowledge of the Education Inspection Framework and ESFA funding and performance management rules
• Track record in leading, managing and implementing a quality framework across a broad curriculum base.
• Experience of leading an Ofsted Inspection, or experience of high-level involvement in the preparation for and involvement in an Ofsted Inspection
• Experience in liaising and presenting to senior managers and directors and other stakeholders at a high level.
• Working knowledge of health and safety, safeguarding, Prevent and Equality and Diversity legislation
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Must be flexible with national travel.
• Whilst it is not essential to have a background within the printing industries, knowledge of the manufacturing sector and associated apprenticeship standards is desirable
Please send CV and Cover Letter to Karly Lattimore at [email protected]