Head of Quality, Teaching, Learning and Assessment – Construction, Engineering and Automotive
Salary Range £38,223 – £44,632
37 Hours per week X 52 Weeks per year
The Sheffield College is a large, vibrant and diverse further education college and we are proud of how the College contributes to meeting local skills needs and transforms lives through learning. We have high aspirations and standards for ourselves, and our learners and this role will be a key one in supporting the College’s mission to be consistently great and ensure our students get the qualifications and skills they need to go further in employment, careers, apprenticeships, further training and university level courses. This role will specifically lead on the college strategy to achieve teaching and learning excellence. Working with the Assistant Principal Technical Education & Skills in the Construction, Engineering and Automotive area, to develop, implement and monitor the college’s Further Education Technical Skills Education Strategy.
Day-to-day, you will:
* As a member of the Cluster Leadership team reporting to the Assistant Principal Technical Education & Skills, this post will contribute to the college’s common goals.
* You will provide positive leadership and management to ensure an outstanding experience for all students.
* Ensuring a high-quality student experience which leads to outstanding achievement, progression and employability outcomes for all students.
* Supporting the development, planning, delivery and monitoring of the College’s Curriculum.
* Leading a diverse range of teams working across the College as well as resources within the department.
* Development of College policies and procedures to support an outstanding curriculum and student experience and to ensure the college complies with relevant legal duties.
* Champion our commitment to putting students first
* Exemplify our values of Fairness, Respect & Equality
After your first year, success in this role would mean you have:
* You will have provided clear management and direction through effective line management of a team with direct people management responsibilities as appropriate.
* You will have provided positive leadership & management by creating a dynamic, supportive and innovative environment that encourages commitment to the college and the achievement of high standards and performance.
* You will have regularly tracked, analysed and reported progress and success.
* You will have participated in Cluster strategy development, development of policies and procedures, preparation of papers and contribution to business review and business planning.
* You will have worked with local stakeholders, employers and agencies to enhance the student experience; maintain effective stakeholder relationships with all partners.
We’re open-minded and welcome all applicants who believe they would be a good fit. Though ideally, you will:
* Have achieved successful outcomes in a leadership/ management role at a senior level
* Experience of Curriculum leadership, including curriculum design to improve outcomes/destinations
* Proven ability to bring about change
* Strong record of enabling staff to achieve their best performance
* Consistent performer. Demonstrable track record of performance/achievement throughout career
We also offer outstanding pension, benefits & annual leave packages!
Apply now if you’re looking to join a healthy work culture made up of talented people who celebrate each other’s success.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to getting to know you!
Next steps – please press APPLY and we shall send you our application link.
Closing date: 03/03/2024
Shortlisting date: 06/03/2024