Website Acorn Training Ltd
The primary responsibility of the ICT/Digital Skills tutor will be to design and deliver high quality, learner-centred teaching, learning and assessment experiences. The role will encompass both the development and delivery of Essential Digital Skills, ICT User Skills, and Digital Skills for the Workplace qualifications at Entry level to level 2 to our employed and unemployed adult learners. Integral to your responsibilities will be seamless collaboration with cross-curriculum departments to ensure effective communication of learner progress and the timely fulfilment of Essential Digital Skills qualifications.
• Plan, prepare and deliver high-quality teaching and learning sessions, workshops, and tutorials in line with the curriculum requirements and the needs of individual learners, ensuring learning objectives are met.
• Assess learners’ abilities and identify areas for improvement, tailoring teaching and learning methods and resources accordingly.
• Develop and deliver consistently engaging and interactive sessions, utilising a variety of teaching techniques and materials to enhance learners’ understanding and engagement with the subject/topic.
• Provide individualised support to learners, addressing their specific learning needs and challenges through one-on-one meetings and additional learning resources.
• Rigorously monitor and track learners’ progress, providing regular feedback and implementing strategies to address areas of weakness or underperformance.
• Set and mark assignments, tests, and examinations, providing constructive feedback to learners to support their learning and improvement.
• Collaborate with other team members to share best practices, contribute to curriculum development, and participate in team meetings and training sessions.
• Establish and maintain a positive and inclusive learning environment, actively promoting learner participation, motivation, and confidence in professional development.
• Maintain accurate records of learners’ attendance, progress, and assessment outcomes, ensuring compliance with regulatory and internal requirements.
• Communicate regularly with learners, employers, and relevant stakeholders to provide updates on progress, address concerns, and foster effective partnerships in support of learner success.
• Stay abreast of the latest developments in sector specialism, curriculum changes, and teaching methodologies, continuously updating own knowledge and skills.
Key Performance Indicators
• High levels of learner attendance and engagement in sessions.
• High levels of learner progress from their starting point.
• High completion and achievement rates.
• Consistently good or better teaching, learning and assessment practice.
• Timely and accurate assessment decisions and feedback.
• Adherence to curriculum requirements and quality standards.
• Collaboration and teamwork with colleagues.
• Compliance with organisational policies and procedures.
• Professional development and continuous improvement.
• High levels of learner and stakeholder satisfaction.
Health and Safety
• You will ensure you follow all Acorn Training health and safety guidelines and fire regulations set out in the polices, follow safe working practices, and complete all mandatory training requirements.
• Be aware of and follow all Acorn Training policies.
• Have regular 121’s throughout the year to monitor performance, objectives and progress and support your personal development and wellbeing.
• Take part in any required training needed to fulfil your role.
• Commitment to the Professional Standards – Values and Attributes, Professional Knowledge and Understanding and Professional Skills.
• Promote and uphold the principles, policies, and all relevant statutory requirements, including the Equality Act, the HASWA, GDPR and Safeguarding, including Prevent.
• Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post.
Qualifications and specific training
• Minimum Level 3 teaching learning and assessment qualification, such as AET or PTLLS. (essential)
• Level 3 or above subject specialism qualification, such as IT User Skills, (essential)
• GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics (essential)
• Full Driving Licence (essential)
• Level 3 CAVA or equivalent (desirable)
• Level 4 IQA or equivalent (desirable)
• L5 teaching qualification or willingness to work toward. (desirable)
• IOSH Health and Safety Qualification (desirable)
• Practical work experience in the ICT/digital sector, demonstrating hands-on knowledge and skills applicable to real-world scenarios. (essential)
• Teaching or training experience, with the ability to convey complex technical information effectively. (essential)
• Previous experience working as an ICT/Digital Skills tutor or in a similar training role. (desirable)
• Experience in curriculum development and educational material creation. (desirable)
• Excellent understanding of various digital technologies, software applications, programming languages, and tools relevant to ICT and digital skills training. (essential)
• In-depth knowledge of the latest curriculum standards, trends, and advancements in the ICT/digital skills education sector. (essential)
• Awareness of current and emerging trends in the technology and digital industry, ensuring learners are prepared for the job market. (essential)
• Basic understanding of cybersecurity principles and practices to impart essential knowledge to students. (desirable)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage and connect with learners. (essential)
• Effective organisational skills to plan, prepare, and deliver effective training sessions. (essential)
• Patience, adaptability, and the ability to tailor teaching, learning and assessment methods to various learning styles. (essential)
• IT literacy for creating and maintaining digital training resources. (essential)