Website Blue Octopus Recruitment Limited
Contract type: Full Time / Permanent
Your future is here A place to thrive
Being part of Nottingham College means playing a vital part in helping thousands of people reach their potential. Together, we’re making a positive difference to our learners, to our communities and to each other. We’re building better futures, for others and for ourselves. Here, you’ll have the freedom to work in a way that suits you, the support to thrive and the opportunity to shape your career.
Who we need
Due to growth in our business, we are looking for a number of people to join EMTEC as Learning & Skills Assessors.
Successful applicants will undertake workplace visits in person and using online platforms on a regional and national basis supporting our automotive apprentices throughout their learning journey. As a Learning & Skills Assessor you will be responsible for:
· Enrolling new apprentices onto the apprentice programme
· Undertaking Progress Reviews with apprentices and employers
· Liaising with the college’s Technical Training Team
· Helping apprentices’ mentors to understand their role in the learning journey
· Keeping KPIs compliant against the apprenticeship funding rules
· Developing employer relations and some business development activity
What you’ll bring
You will be a dynamic and forward-thinking person able to provide high quality support to both apprentices and employers. As a Learning & Skills Assessor you will:
· Be an exceptional communicator, capable of engaging with individuals at all levels, including apprentices, mentors, employers and colleagues
· Be well organised as you will need to manage your own diary and caseload of apprentices
· Be able to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients to deliver an outstanding learning experience
· Have a good level of ICT with knowledge of Microsoft 365 and OneFile a distinct advantage
· Have a good eye for detail as you will need to ensure Apprenticeship funding rules are followed
· Hold CAVA/A1/D32 D33 , V1/D34, AET/PTLLS or be willing to work towards
· Hold a full UK Driving Licence and own car
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Paul Slater on 07713 367337 or email [email protected]
Interviews / Assessments are planned for: 12th / 13th December 2023
A place to belong
Join a diverse, vibrant community of over 1,300 staff and feel welcome from day one. Whether it’s enjoying a cuppa and a chat at our Wellness Cafes, collaborating with your colleagues or making the most of the facilities on our campuses, this is a place you can feel involved, connected and supported.
With an attractive benefits package including 35 days annual leave, flexible working opportunities, access to a generous pension scheme and perks package, this is a place where you will feel valued and where you can grow and develop. It’s a place where you can share your ideas, work with people from all kinds of backgrounds and together, make a positive difference.
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse team that thrives on innovation, creativity, and outstanding outcomes. Our aim is for our workforce to mirror the rich diversity of the individuals and communities we serve, creating an environment where a range of experiences, skills, and viewpoints are valued. Within our inclusive workplace, everyone is given the opportunity to belong.
As part of this we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.