Lecturer in GCSE/Functional Skills English
Location: Filton Campus
Hourly Rate: £17.45
Contract Type: Claims,Part-Time, Fixed Term until 31st July 2024
Working Hours: 29.6 hours per week
FTE Salary: Up to £33,666.00 (Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience)
We are an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Financial Rewards and Benefits:
* Opportunity to make a positive impact within the community and on learners’ lives
* Competitive Pension Scheme- Academic roles benefit significantly by their access to the teachers’ pension scheme (TPS), with a generous employer contributions of over 23%
* Generous Annual leave entitlement plus the 8 bank holidays – 39 days academic plus additional college agreed inset development days and 6 self-elected development days (Full-Time Equivalent).
* Two weeks leave during the Christmas closedown period largely supported by the discretionary closure days provided by the College.
* Extensive professional development with ongoing support for your personal & professional development, including 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees.
* Family friendly policies and a proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
* Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
* Free Annual Eye test
* All staff members can buy a TOTUM card (formerly known as NUS Extra cards), as part of being an affiliate member of the Students’ Union
* Staff have access and supported to be part of inclusive or sustainable staff networks and communities
* Free car parking at all campuses (Except Queens Road Art School)
* Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
* Subsidised onsite catering services including Starbucks Coffee
Our College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, construction to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to Honour Degree level programmes.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help students and colleagues achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of, and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our last inspection.
We are currently looking to recruit a Lecturer in English at our Filton Campus!
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* To undertake all forms of pedagogic work which may include classroom teaching, tutorial work and associated outreach duties, residential, open and distance learning courses and student placements.
* To ensure the associated organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking is undertaken.
* To undertake an annual teaching workload of contact hours for category ‘A’ duties of 828 maximum to 761 minimum (pro rata for part-time) as detailed in the College workload agreement.
* To conduct curriculum development work including identification of consumer requirements, planning, development and evaluation of courses and course materials.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
* Educated to degree level or equivalent or have substantial relevant subject experience.
* PGCE or qualified teacher status
* Possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
* Working within a HE/FE environment
Please apply online by: Monday 12th February 2024
Expected Interview Date: To be confirmed
Our College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and any offer of employment will be subject to a number of conditions including a requirement for providing satisfactory references. In line with KCSIE and having regard to all relevant guidance, a range of checks and online searches will also be conducted for successful candidates, and a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure will need to be obtained as a requirement of the job.