Website Morgan Hunt
Are you interested in Science Technician jobs in the Strarford area? Morgan Hunt are pleased to announce that we are working with a fantastic college in Strarford. Together we are seeking to appoint a Science Technician- apply today!
Job Title: Science Technician
Hours: 36 Hours per week – Monday to Friday
Roles and Responsibilities:
* To actively promote and implement the College’s Equal Opportunities policies within all aspects of this post.
* To provide a daily support service to the laboratories/workshops and associated areas, and occasionally to other work areas.
* To prepare apparatus, materials and solutions and to set up equipment and apparatus for practical use.
* To issue materials and equipment to staff and students and to keep appropriate records.
* To set up and, on occasion, carry out demonstrations.
* To retrieve and clean away apparatus and equipment after each practical session.
* To assist the lecturer, when required, by providing support to students in practical sessions.
* To ensure that the practical requirements of practical examinations/assessments are met, including preparing, setting up and testing materials, apparatus and equipment.
* To assist in the development of the curriculum by participating in course team and Directorate meetings.
* To construct and modify apparatus and equipment using a range of materials and workshop/laboratory techniques.
* To maintain (including test), check, adjust and repair apparatus and equipment using appropriate test equipment/basic workshop techniques as appropriate.
* To dispose or arrange for the disposal of hazardous and dangerous substances in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations.
* To participate in Staff Development and/or any training considered necessary for the safe and effective execution of the responsibilities listed above.
* To undertake other reasonable duties as requested by the Technician Manager (or Curriculum Manager)
Skills & experience
* A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK) and no question regarding suitability to work with children
* Hold a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject.
* L2 Literacy /GCSE English. Personal skills in English, Mathematics and ICT by holding Level 2 qualifications with a 5-year currency (or by undertaking initial assessments at job interview stage and by achieving Level 2 within one year of their appointment date as appropriate).
* Hold the legacy Verifier award (D34, V1 and L4 TAQA update). Or willing to achieve Level 4 TAQA.
If you are interested in working in the Science Technician field in Stratford area, please apply to this advert with a CV today and a consultant will contact you!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.