Website Morgan Hunt
Are you interested in Special Educational Needs (SEN) Classroom Assistant roles in the Clapham area? Morgan Hunt are pleased to announce that we are working with a fantastic college in Clapham. Together we are seeking to appoint a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Classroom Assistant- apply today!
Job Title: Special Educational Needs (SEN) Classroom Assistant
Job Type: Temporary
* To provide physical and communication support using modes of communication appropriate to the individual needs of the child
* To provide communication support to enable full access to the curriculum and any extra curricula activities g. lessons, assemblies, parents’ evenings, reviews and visits
* To work with individuals and groups of students in class with additional needs under the direction of the class teacher and SENCO
* To help plan and organise learning activities for students being supported
* To provide support in a manner which facilitates the child’s cognitive development by removing barriers to learning
* To ensure the physical welfare of students and assist students with their physical needs as appropriate and agreed, g. assisting with lifting moving and handling, intimate care
* Under the guidance of the SENCO, contribute to setting individual targets and to the review of those targets. Attend and contribute to meetings to review students’ progress, and contribute to written reports
* To monitor the progress of identified students, keep written records consistent with Academy systems and provide the teacher with feedback on students’ progress in relation to provision
Skills & experience
* Experience in learning support or support work with young people with learning disabilities (e. autism, ADHD etc.)
* Experience with working within an educational environment providing academic or personal care support
* Experience with providing/willingness to provide personal care support to individuals with high needs (e. peg feeding, toileting, changing etc.)
* Available to interview immediately
* Right to Work & Enhanced Adult/Child DBS dated within the last 3 months or on the update service
If you are interested in working in the Special Educational Needs (SEN) Classroom Assistant in the East London area, please apply to this advert with a CV today and a consultant will contact you!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.