Website Morgan Hunt
Are you interested in SEND specialist teacher jobs in the East London area? Morgan Hunt are pleased to announce that we are working with a fantastic college in East London. Together we are seeking to appoint a SEND specialist teacher- apply today!
Job Title: SEND specialist teacher
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Newham, East London
In this SEND specialist teacher job, your responsibilities will include:
* Working in small class sizes with high staff to pupil ratios; plan, deliver and evidence high quality
* learning opportunities in line with the school’s curriculum.
* To lead the class team (Teaching Assistant and Support Workers) to promote a love of learning for our children and to enable them to make good progress towards their EHCP outcomes and individual Learning Intentions.
* Develop innovative and forward-thinking approaches to learning and communication tools to maximize pupil potential and learning opportunities.
* To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with pupil needs and outcomes at the core.
* To safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils at all times.
* To model best practice approaches and support staff through challenging episodes with children.
* Contribute to the assessment procedures for SEND pupils;
* Write reports;
* Contribute to meetings specific to SEND;
Skills & experience
* Qualified Teacher Status Additional Specialist qualification in Autism
* Certification regarding any SEND training completed
* Experience of working with SEN learners
* Experience of working with children diagnosed with ASD
* Good understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and how this relates to nursery and primary school
* Understand equal opportunity issues as they may impact on academic content and
* issues relating to student need.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Able to communicate complex and conceptual ideas to a range of groups.
* Able to identify potential sources of funding
If you are interested in working in the SEND specialist teacher field in the East London area, please apply to this advert with a CV today and a consultant will contact you!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.