Skills Coach – Accountancy Level 3 and 4 (REMOTE)
Are you an inspiring and motivational mentor, with a passion to provide pastoral advice and guidance to help learners reach their potential and succeed in their Accountancy Level 3 and 4 programme? We are looking for a passionate, curious and motivating industry professionals to join our team as a Skills Coach to share their expertise with cohorts of engaged and motivated learners.
If you have knowledge and experience within the Accountancy sector and the determination to provide an exceptional customer experience with the willingness to work on a remote basis and be part of our journey of Developing Better Futures, then we want to hear from you!
Summary of role
You will be responsible for Coaching & Mentoring learners working towards the successful and timely achievement of their learning programme. Creating and maintaining cohesive and communicative relationships with learners and employers. Providing blended academic and pastoral advice, guidance, and support, ensuring a safe and conducive working environment.
Core Values and Summary of Principle Accountabilities
– Provide inspirational support and guidance to learners throughout their learning journey, helping them to progress, achieve and reach their potential.
– Manage and facilitate interactive, immersive & engaging interactions including 121 sessions, virtual group sessions, digital learning interventions forums and chat sessions to your learners.
– Adapt Babington’s learning journey blueprint (where required) to fulfil the requirements of our clients, learners and stakeholders which enrich and compliment the customer experience.
– Provide in-depth coaching and mentoring support and advice throughout the learning journey and End Point Assessment through an effective use of coaching frameworks.
– Anticipate and overcome barriers to progress and inspire achievement, ensuring that learning is inclusive and supports diversity.
– Liaise with Specialist Trainers to facilitate formative and summative assessment of learners’ skills and knowledge.
Promote and embed Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values, Prevent and Health and Safety to all learning sessions.
– Compile and maintain all learner documentation on the relevant e-portfolio system to reflect learner’s characteristics, meet quality standards and funding compliance, along with demonstrating progression.
– Conduct and interpret detailed skills gap analysis with learners to accurately identify learner’s starting points, prior achievements, and experience.
– Have an in-depth understanding of embedded learning methodologies and how to evaluate behavioural change.
– Deliver immersive, differentiated, and impactful interactions, embedding Maths and English, to ensure active participation by all learners in the groups, through a variety of methods, which contribute to positive learning outcomes.
– To communicate any issues or concerns about learners to your line manager and designated Safeguarding Officer as appropriate.
Brief person specification
Grade A-C GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent
Level 3 AAT qualification or equivalent experience
Skills and experience
– Experience of developing individualised learning plans and SMART targets
– Coaching to embed behavioural change experience
– Experience in using digital technologies and experiences to deliver learning
– Experience of liaising with employers and external agencies
– Experience of providing interactive and engaging teaching, training, and development opportunities
– Experience of successfully achieving deadlines and working without close supervision
– Experience of working in an accredited environment, industry, or practice
– Ability to manage workload, time, and resources effectively and achieve deadlines
– Ability to deliver to agreed targets.
– Ability to establish and maintain rapport with a wide variety of people.
– Ability to inspire and facilitate learning.
– Ability to manage workload, time and resources effectively.
– Ability to remain calm and polite under pressure, managing themselves appropriately.
– Knowledge of the Awarding Organisations, End Point Assessment Organisation, Funding Bodies, Ofsted and other regulatory arrangements.
Bupa Healthcare – Cash plan
25 Days annual leave plus Bank holidays
Additional annual leave purchase scheme
Employer Pension contribution