Website Acorn Training Ltd
Hours: 37.5 weekly
As a Residential Childcare Trainer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the high-quality care and support for children and young people in residential childcare settings. You will be responsible for delivering training, coaching, and support to residential childcare staff, equipping them with the essential knowledge and skills needed to provide a safe, nurturing, and therapeutic environment for children in care.
• Deliver engaging and informative training sessions and workshops to residential childcare staff, covering topics such as child development, trauma-informed care, behaviour management, and therapeutic interventions.
• Develop and update training materials and resources to ensure they are current, evidence-based, and aligned with industry best practices.
• Assess the learning needs of staff, monitor their progress, and evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes to make necessary improvements.
• Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring to residential childcare staff, offering guidance and support for their professional development.
• Stay up to date with relevant regulations, standards, and legislation in residential childcare, ensuring that all training programmes are compliant and adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards.
• Identify and implement strategies to continuously improve the quality of care provided in residential childcare settings.
• Maintain accurate records of training sessions, participant progress, and outcomes.
• Generate reports to demonstrate the impact of the training programmes delivered.
• Work collaboratively with residential childcare managers and other professionals to address specific needs and challenges within residential childcare settings.
• Stay informed about the latest developments in the field of residential childcare and incorporate innovative practices into training programmes.
Key Performance Indicators
• The progress made by learners over time, as measured by their performance, skills development, and achievement of specific learning outcomes from their starting point.
• The quality of feedback provided to learners, including its effectiveness in guiding their development and continuous improvement.
• The standard and quality of teaching, learning and assessment practice, in both 1:1 and group delivered sessions.
• The level of engagement and collaboration with stakeholders, ensuring effective coordination and alignment in training processes and practices.
• The level of learner and employer satisfaction with the teaching, learning and assessment process and approach.
• The timeliness and level of learner achievement, including improved performance, increased knowledge retention, and enhanced skills acquisition.
Health and Safety
• You will ensure you follow all Acorn Training health and safety guidelines and fire regulations set out in the polices, follow safe working practices and complete any mandatory training.
• Be aware of and follow all Acorn Training policies.
• Have regular 121’s throughout the year to monitor performance, objectives and progress and support your personal development and wellbeing.
• Take part in any required training needed to fulfil your role.
• Commitment to the Professional Standards – Values and Attributes, Professional Knowledge and Understanding and Professional Skills.
• Promote and uphold the principles, policies, and all relevant statutory requirements, including the Equality Act, the HASWA, GDPR and Safeguarding, including Prevent.
• Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post.
Criteria (Essential) (Desirable)
Qualifications and specific training
• Level 5 qualification in subject sector specialism. (Essential)
• Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA) or equivalent, or willingness to work toward. (Essential)
• Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) or equivalent, or willingness to work toward. (Essential)
• GCSE grade A*-C (or equivalent) in English and Maths. (Essential)
• Full, clean driving licence and access to vehicle for travel. (Essential)
• Level 4 IQA qualification. (Desirable)
• Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (CET) or equivalent. (Desirable)
• IOSH Health and Safety at Work qualification. (Desirable)
• First Aid at Work qualification. (Desirable)
• Current and continuing involvement within the residential childcare / education and training sector. (Essential)
• Significant experience working as a Residential Childcare practitioner. (Essential)
• Meeting targets for timely achievement. (Essential)
• Working successfully as part of a team. (Essential)
• Supporting learners to achieve successful outcomes in a work-based environment. (Desirable)
• Working with a diverse caseload of learners. (Desirable)
• Up to date knowledge and competence of residential childcare regulations and practices. (Essential)
• A good understanding of and commitment to Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity Safeguarding and Counterterrorism legislation as it applies to teaching, learning and assessment. (Essential)
• Competent in the use of ICT to support teaching, learning, assessment and communication. (Essential)
• Up-to-date knowledge of the expectations of Ofsted, and subject knowledge and expertise that reflects best practice in the field or sector. (Essential)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills. (Essential)
• Good record keeping skills and attention to detail. (Essential)
• Efficient time management. (Essential)
• Ability to influence others. (Essential)
• Able to work flexibly and using own initiative. (Essential)
• Highly motivated and proactive. (Essential)
• Always maintain a professional approach and act with integrity. (Essential)
As a recognised, highly inclusive employer, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from Black and Minority, Ethnic (BAME) communities, LGBTQ+ communities, and individuals living with disabilities and from applicants where sectors are typically misrepresented by gender stereotypes.
Acorn Training aspires to be a Positive about Disabled Lead employer.