* Possesses drive, grit & determination having failed the 11-plus exam in 1970!
* Very good writing and oral skills. Not risk-averse. Has vision, vitality, & ideas. 'Can Walk the Walk'
as well as 'Talk the Talk'.
* Media savvy, Perma-tanned, John Lewis man. Dubbed Eccentric, a 'bit cracked', but possesses 'peculiar
talents' according to the late Professor Jim Bulpitt of Warwick University.
* Published over 600
Feature Articles in Print and Social Media since 2013.
* Regular columnist ncjMedia Ltd (The Journal) , Northern Echo, PSE, Labour Vision, Labour List, LGA First since April 2013.
* Generally personable and can work effectively in all team settings.
* Competent consistent Ofsted Grade 2 ('Good') teacher in all relevant curriculum areas & Leadership
strand in 'Equality & Diversity' consistent Ofsted Grade 2 ('Very Good') in 2003.
* Veteran Newcastle City Councillor - majority increased from 142 in 2002 to almost 2000 in 2015!.
* Good representational and advocacy skills acquired through role as a City Councillor & GE
* Competent Public Relations Consultant - skills acquired as a Parliamentary Candidate: Berwick-Upon-
Tweed 1986-87, Roxburgh & Berwickshire 1990-92, Newcastle Central Labour Party 1999-2003 &
Learning First 2012-13. Over 4,000 News Releases published in print and new media.
IT’s ESTIMATED by MIND and other charities in the UK that one in four people will experience a mental health problem in any given year. 3.3% of people in the UK suffered from depression in the past week. 1 million people a month had been in contact with mental health services in 2017 alone.
TWO years ago national government formally unveiled a plan to carry out pilot ID checks at polling stations across the country. This took place in some parts of the country in May 2018 and again in 2019.
In 1914 90 per cent of British householders rented their homes from private landlords. Today two-thirds own them. Home ownership grew from the 1930s and expanded rapidly after the war. In 1951, 3 out ten people were home-owners. By 2000 this had risen to 7 out of 10. Today it has slumped to under 65% with thousands of teachers unable to get a foothold on the property ladder. How and why?
PREVENT, part of the Government’s annual £40m counter terrorism strategy, seeks to challenge the impact of extremism and radicalisation by “encouraging debate’ in local communities, schools, colleges and universities. In June 2018 central government revised its national counter- terrorism strategy commonly knowns as CONTEST.
You are now being logged in using your Facebook credentials