* Possesses drive, grit & determination having failed the 11-plus exam in 1970!
* Very good writing and oral skills. Not risk-averse. Has vision, vitality, & ideas. 'Can Walk the Walk'
as well as 'Talk the Talk'.
* Media savvy, Perma-tanned, John Lewis man. Dubbed Eccentric, a 'bit cracked', but possesses 'peculiar
talents' according to the late Professor Jim Bulpitt of Warwick University.
* Published over 600
Feature Articles in Print and Social Media since 2013.
* Regular columnist ncjMedia Ltd (The Journal) , Northern Echo, PSE, Labour Vision, Labour List, LGA First since April 2013.
* Generally personable and can work effectively in all team settings.
* Competent consistent Ofsted Grade 2 ('Good') teacher in all relevant curriculum areas & Leadership
strand in 'Equality & Diversity' consistent Ofsted Grade 2 ('Very Good') in 2003.
* Veteran Newcastle City Councillor - majority increased from 142 in 2002 to almost 2000 in 2015!.
* Good representational and advocacy skills acquired through role as a City Councillor & GE
* Competent Public Relations Consultant - skills acquired as a Parliamentary Candidate: Berwick-Upon-
Tweed 1986-87, Roxburgh & Berwickshire 1990-92, Newcastle Central Labour Party 1999-2003 &
Learning First 2012-13. Over 4,000 News Releases published in print and new media.
'TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT': THE NORTH'S GROWING EDUCATION CLASS DIVIDE
WORKING-CLASS kids have become the North's under-achievers at school. That's why the region's schools and colleges need more investment to give all young people a chance.
SINCE end of the Second World, many people have seen the inter-war period as an age of instigated economy failure, marked by mass unemployment, hunger marches, including the famous Jarrow March of 1936 and lengthening dole queues. For the historian Claude Cockburn, this was the ''devil's decade''.
JUST THE JOB
YOUTH unemployment has been a big social problem in the UK for 40 years. Whilst it's lower than after the financial crash of 2008, the number of young people out of work remains higher than comparable economies.
How to resolve AdBlock issue?
You are using adblocker please support us by whitelisting www.fenews.co.uk