* Possesses drive, grit & determination having failed the 11-plus exam in 1970!
* Very good writing and oral skills. Not risk-averse. Has vision, vitality, & ideas. 'Can Walk the Walk'
as well as 'Talk the Talk'.
* Media savvy, Perma-tanned, John Lewis man. Dubbed Eccentric, a 'bit cracked', but possesses 'peculiar
talents' according to the late Professor Jim Bulpitt of Warwick University.
* Published over 600
Feature Articles in Print and Social Media since 2013.
* Regular columnist ncjMedia Ltd (The Journal) , Northern Echo, PSE, Labour Vision, Labour List, LGA First since April 2013.
* Generally personable and can work effectively in all team settings.
* Competent consistent Ofsted Grade 2 ('Good') teacher in all relevant curriculum areas & Leadership
strand in 'Equality & Diversity' consistent Ofsted Grade 2 ('Very Good') in 2003.
* Veteran Newcastle City Councillor - majority increased from 142 in 2002 to almost 2000 in 2015!.
* Good representational and advocacy skills acquired through role as a City Councillor & GE
* Competent Public Relations Consultant - skills acquired as a Parliamentary Candidate: Berwick-Upon-
Tweed 1986-87, Roxburgh & Berwickshire 1990-92, Newcastle Central Labour Party 1999-2003 &
Learning First 2012-13. Over 4,000 News Releases published in print and new media.
#HolocaustMemorialDay THE RISE OF THE FAR RIGHT IS THE LATEST THREAT TO OUR FREEDOMS AND LIBERTIES
RIGHT-WING extremism is on the rise in the North East according to a recent report by the community safety body Safe Newcastle.
Grammar schools are not the answer
A collection of essays has been published today (23 Jan) by the Higher Education Policy Institute (HEPI), Social Mobility and Higher Education: Are grammar schools the answer?
IN THE aftermath of the recent terrorist attack on London soil, where the Government acknowledged the pitfalls of its anti-extremist strategy and counter-radicalisation measures, the need to win the hearts and minds to our democratic norms and liberal values , is more important than ever before.
THE FAR RIGHT POSES A BIG EXTREMIST THREAT TO THE NORTH OF ENGLAND
PREVENT, part of the Government’s revised annual £40m counter terrorism strategy, seeks to challenge the impact of extremism and radicalisation by ‘’encouraging debate’ in local communities, schools, colleges and universities.
How to resolve AdBlock issue?
You are using adblocker please support us by whitelisting www.fenews.co.uk