* Possesses drive, grit & determination having failed the 11-plus exam in 1970!
* Very good writing and oral skills. Not risk-averse. Has vision, vitality, & ideas. 'Can Walk the Walk'
as well as 'Talk the Talk'.
* Media savvy, Perma-tanned, John Lewis man. Dubbed Eccentric, a 'bit cracked', but possesses 'peculiar
talents' according to the late Professor Jim Bulpitt of Warwick University.
* Published over 600
Feature Articles in Print and Social Media since 2013.
* Regular columnist ncjMedia Ltd (The Journal) , Northern Echo, PSE, Labour Vision, Labour List, LGA First since April 2013.
* Generally personable and can work effectively in all team settings.
* Competent consistent Ofsted Grade 2 ('Good') teacher in all relevant curriculum areas & Leadership
strand in 'Equality & Diversity' consistent Ofsted Grade 2 ('Very Good') in 2003.
* Veteran Newcastle City Councillor - majority increased from 142 in 2002 to almost 2000 in 2015!.
* Good representational and advocacy skills acquired through role as a City Councillor & GE
* Competent Public Relations Consultant - skills acquired as a Parliamentary Candidate: Berwick-Upon-
Tweed 1986-87, Roxburgh & Berwickshire 1990-92, Newcastle Central Labour Party 1999-2003 &
Learning First 2012-13. Over 4,000 News Releases published in print and new media.
The Privately Educated Retain their Grip on the Top Jobs as ‘Old Etonian’ Boris Johnson prepares to be PM.
AS Britain prepares for the selection of the Old Etonian Boris Johnson as Prime Minister policy wonks from both sides of the political spectrum have re-focused their attention on the role of fee-paying schools in the educational system.
IT’s ESTIMATED by MIND and other charities in the UK that one in four people will experience a mental health problem in any given year. 3.3% of people in the UK suffered from depression in the past week. 1 million people a month had been in contact with mental health services in 2017 alone.
TWO years ago national government formally unveiled a plan to carry out pilot ID checks at polling stations across the country. This took place in some parts of the country in May 2018 and again in 2019.
You are now being logged in using your Facebook credentials