Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) has been announced as a finalist for the FAB Awards 2017, in the 'Innovation of the Year' category for its MOT products.
The IMI, the professional body for the automotive sector, developed an MOT annual training and assessment package that has since serviced nearly 40,000 MOT Testers. The introduction of an annual assessment for all Testers, set by DVSA, has seen the IMI become market leaders within the MOT training sector.
The Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB) is the trade association that represents over 125 organisations that award vocational qualifications in the UK and over 20 stakeholder organisations, and have gone on to develop the Awards to recognise the contributions made by awarding organisations and their employees to education and skills.
Steve Nash, Chief Executive at the IMI, said:
“We’re extremely happy to be announced as finalists in the ‘Innovation of the Year’ category since these awards demonstrate the outstanding work taking place across education in the UK. The IMI will continue to develop award-worthy training products to enable the automotive sector to thrive through the changes that arise.”
Stephen Wright, Chief Executive at FAB, said:
"We received more entries to the Awards than ever before and the standard was exceptionally high. We look forward to announcing the winners and to celebrating the successes within the industry at the Awards dinner on 19 October."
The winners of the FAB Awards will be announced on 19th October on the first day of the FAB Conference, taking place at the Marriott Hotel in Leicester.
The finalists are:
Awarding organisation of the year (sponsored by Coelrind)
- Aim Awards Ascentis
- Future (Awards and Qualifications)
- Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
Qualification of the year (sponsored by Cirrus Assessment)
- Agored Cymru - Level 4 Diploma in Data Analytics
- Ascentis - Level 1 Award in Understanding British Values
- ILM - Level 3 Diploma for Managers
- Open Awards - Level 2 Award in Skills for Teaching Independent Travel Training
- SFEDI Awards - Passport to Enterprise and Employment
Team of the year (sponsored by PSI)
- ABE - ABE Portal
- NEBOSH - Qualification Development Team
- Sports Leaders UK - Relationship Management Team
- VTCT - Qualifications and Assessment Team
Individual of the year (sponsored by Gordon Associates)
- Nigel Barraclough, Qualsafe Awards
- Terry Fennell, FDQ
- Julie Hyde, NCFE
- Jenny Newton, Open Awards
- Kelly Venter, Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
Innovation of the year (sponsored by British Council)
- Digital Assess - CompareAssess
- IMI - MOT Products
- The London Institute of Banking & Finance - Qualification: Lessons in Financial Education
- World Chefs and City & Guilds - Digital Credentialing
- YMCA - Y-Mark: A revolution in marking
Registrations are now open at