Guide to help academy trusts and diocesan users submit their land and buildings collection tool to the ESFA.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 1.08MB
Accessing the land and buildings collection tool (LBCT)
Please use this link for the LBCT online form. The deadline for submissions is 5 November 2018.
If you’re having difficulties accessing the form please see this registration guidance page.
If you are having difficulties loading the LBCT form please check you have either the latest browser downloaded or try using an alternative browser. To find out more about internet browsers please see this helpful guide.
We have updated 2018 guidance documents for the LBCT 2018 release this year. These include a summary guidance document for academy trust users, guidance for diocesan users and the example workbook.
If your academy trust has ‘church owned land’ recorded in you LBCT return please read the summary guidance as there are important changes this year to note.
You can also view the live webinar we recorded on 10 October 2018 - this includes an introduction, demo of the LBCT online form and a Q&A session at the end.
Registering to access the LBCT
The online form uses the IDAMs registration service to grant users access to the online forms and trusts must be registered and set up to use the service before they can access the form.
Read this guide on how to register and set up the online forms for the LBCT.
We have published an updated LBCT workbook. This can be tailored to your own circumstances by deleting sections that you don’t need. If you have used the workbook last year you won’t need to complete another. There are a few small updates in the form but nothing that will require any significant rework and you don’t have to complete this again.
You can’t use the workbook to submit your trust’s LBCT. You must use the online form.
How to contact us if you have queries
This year we are holding a webinar, a series of weekly Skype calls and webchat sessions for LBCT form users. These will run from week 1 of the collection to week 6. In the last 6 days of the collection period, we will hold daily calls and webchats to help as many users as possible. We welcome all LBCT related questions and will try and help users then and there. If you would prefer to ask a question via the ESFA academy questions, please do so.
If you use Skype, you can access the meeting via this link: Join Skype Meeting
If you don’t use Skype, you can dial 0203 321 5238 and, when prompted, enter the meeting code 7596 8164
You can access the webchats through sli.do by entering the eventcode #LBCT2018 when prompted. Please note that we will only be responding to webchats during the times in the table above but you can ask any questions in advance of the session.
|Collection week||Format||Date||Time and duration|
|Week 1||Skype call||2 October 2018||1pm for 1 hour|
|Week 1||Webchat||5 October 2018||10am for 2 hours|
|Week 2||Skype call||8 October 2018||1pm for 1 hour|
|Week 2||Webchat||12 October 2018||10am for 2 hours|
|Week 3||Skype call||16 October 2018||1pm for 1 hour|
|Week 3||Webchat||19 October 2018||10am for 2 hours|
|Week 4||Skype call||23 October 2018||1pm for 1 hour|
|Week 4||Webchat||26 October 2018||10am for 2 hours|
|Week 5||Skype call||Daily||1pm for 1 hour|
|Week 5||Webchat||Daily||10am for 1 hour|
|Week 6||Skype call||5 November||1pm for 1 hour|
|Week 6||Webchat||5 November||10am for 1 hour|
We have also recorded an intorductory video explaining all about the LBCT return.
If you have any questions about the LBCT, please contact us using our enquiry form. Please put “LBCT” at the top of the form.
Published 10 July 2017
Last updated 15 October 2018 + show all updates
- We have added the webinar recording and updated the guidance document
- We have added tutorial videos for how to add an occupation and asset to your LBCT return.
- Updated with a link to the land and building collection tool (LBCT) online form which is now live for academy trusts to use to complete and submit their LBCT return by 5 November 2018. Please sign-up for our [LBCT webinar](https://registration.livegroup.co.uk/lbctwebinar/) on 10 October 2018 where you'll get further guidance about the LBCT.
- We have add extra details to the LBCT guidance documents and included details of the LBCT webinar on 10 October 2018. The form will go live 1 October 2018 and needs to be completed and submitted to the DfE by the 5 Novemeber 2018.
- We've updated the LBCT guidance to include a diocesan user guidance document, this will provide further information for academies with church owned land and for diocesan users.
- Summary guidance for academy trusts about the land and buildings collection tool. The return will open 1 October 2018 and has a deadline to be submitted to the ESFA by 5 November 2018
- Updated the LBCT page to add an introductory guidance video
- We've updated this page to include the most recent LBCT webinar which took place on 19 October.
- Updated with information for academy trusts with church schools occupying church-owned land.
- Updated with revised guidance for completing the land and buildings collection tool
- Updated attachments to change the terminology for a 'right of use' occupation to 'customary occupation' and 'leasehold improvement' to 'alteration of non-freehold land/building' to match the language in the online form.
- First published.