Specification and validation rules for local authorities and software suppliers preparing for the 2018 to 2019 children in need census.
PDF, 283KB, 33 pages
This file is in an OpenDocument format
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 22.7KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
This is technical information about submitting data for the children in need census for the period 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
It is for:
- suppliers of software for local authority management information systems (MIS)
- users of local authority MIS software
- changes to the previous year’s census collection
- what data local authorities should supply at child level
- how to structure the data in XML
- how to check the data against the validation rules
Published 1 November 2017
Last updated 19 September 2018 + show all updates
- Updated the validation rules documents to include additional rules and amendments.
- Updated 'Children in need census 2018 to 2019: validation rules'
- First published.