ITS College are pleased to announce the opening of their larger, Mansfield centre to continue to meet local demand for Training and Workforce Development services. The official launch of their Mansfield-based Training Centre, located on Commercial Gate, by St. Peters Retail Park in the town centre, will be held on Friday, October 19th between 11am and 1pm.
The larger Training Centre [some 4,500 sq ft] is part of the strategic expansion plans for the ITS Group. Since the original Mansfield-based centre on Nottingham Road opened in October 2017, the team has worked with local young people on either an Employability Programme or Apprenticeship to support career development; with 90% of learners achieving qualifications and progressing onto work with local employers.
During 2018/2019, the centre will look to double their learner numbers and will also offer training and development solutions for local businesses; short professional courses on business skills & technology and bespoke, in-house leadership and management programmes.
ITS College will continue to offer the same products and services as the rest of the ITS Group which will include:
- Study Programme- for age range 16-18, using a vocational route to start a career
- Apprenticeships – aimed at local employers wishing to up-skill and expand their workforce; aged 16 or over and combine working with studying to gain skills and knowledge in a specific job. Apprentices can be new or current employees.
- Adult education programme – focus on upskilling adults in English and Maths up to level 2 in functional skills. Supporting local employers recruit new employees.
- Career guidance and advice - Career planning workshops, mock interview days, industry days and individual guidance sessions in the work / school place or at the Centre in Mansfield.
- Technology and Business Skills training – for local employers to skill their workforce with technology and business skills; open courses or tailored to meet specific organisational needs.
When asked to comment on the new centre, Dr. Chris Payne, CEO for the ITS Group highlights, “Delivering training for local people in Mansfield has exceeded our expectations since we opened in 2017. The team has worked tirelessly to deliver qualifications, apprenticeships and work placements through excellent personalised teaching and learning. Our larger centre and facilities will ensure that we can work with even more learners and local businesses to develop their teams. We are looking forward to the event on October 19th and would encourage local businesses to attend. There will be a tour, presentation from learners and buffet lunch”.
For further information or to attend the event on October 19th, please contact the Mansfield centre on 0115 684 8375.
ITS Group is a registered charity with training centres in Barnsley, Doncaster, Bradford and Mansfield. ITS Group consists of ITS College, ITS Training & Apprenticeships and ITS SmartStyle Training. The core range of services includes:
- Study Programmes
- Adult education programmes
- Careers guidance and advice
- Technology and business skills training