How schools and local authorities spent their funding on education, children's services and social care in the financial year 2016 to 2017.
PDF, 523KB, 7 pages
This file is in an OpenDocument format
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 7.62MB
PDF, 499KB, 9 pages
A summary of data from the consistent financial reporting and S251 outturn surveys covering:
- the income and expenditure of local-authority-maintained schools in England
- local authority spending on education services and children’s and young people’s services
- the latest position on school revenue balances
We identified an error affecting the 2016 to 2017 figures for some schools in table 12 of this release. We corrected table 12 and republished in December 2017. No national or headline figures were affected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The 2017 to 2018 income and expenditure of local authority-maintained schools in England will be made available on the school financial benchmarking website in November 2018. You will be able to download data for all schools on the website.
Pupil and school finance data team
Telephone: Rose Paul 0114 274 2650
Published 14 December 2017
Last updated 24 October 2018 + show all updates
- Added information about when and where the 2017 to 2018 income and expenditure data for local authority-maintained schools in England will be made available.
- Corrected an error affecting the 2016 to 2017 figures for some schools in table 12 in 'Tables: SFR71/2017'. National and headline figures are not affected.
- Removed table 12 from 'Tables: SFR71/2017'.
- First published.