The Ministry of Defence is on the look out for technology savvy, problem solving individuals to be part of our Digital Technology Apprenticeship.
Digital technology within the Ministry of Defence is ever developing and encompasses a wide range of Information Technology (IT) systems, services and software solutions, both in the UK and overseas.
The MOD Digital Technology Apprenticeship is a two-year scheme that offers individuals the chance to get involved with some exciting and unique projects, including developing the latest tactical communications equipment used on the front line and helping protect our IT networks from potential threats.
Candidates should have a real interest in the sector and be proactive, fast learners and willing to work to challenging deadlines.
The apprenticeship offers individuals the chance to undertake both classroom based and workplace training to gain professional knowledge and real practical experience. We will be offering Advanced and Higher apprenticeships in the following:
- Infrastructure Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship
- Advanced Apprenticeship: Level 3 apprenticeships are suitable for those with 5 GCSE grades A* to C including Maths and English
- Higher Apprenticeship: Level 4 are suitable for those with 5 GCSE grades A* to C, plus 2 A Level grades A* to C including Maths or a science subject
- Software Development Technician - Advanced
- Cyber Technologist- Higher Apprenticeship
- Software Developer - Higher Apprenticeship
- Network Engineer- Higher Apprenticeship
- IS Business Analyst- Higher Apprenticeship
- Data Analyst-Higher Apprenticeship
What qualifications do I need?
• Advanced Apprenticeship: Level 3 apprenticeships are suitable for those with 5 GCSE grades 4 to 9 (GCSE C or above) including Maths and English Language. • Higher Apprenticeship: Level 4 are suitable for those with 5 GCSE grades 4 to 9 (GCSE C or above), plus 2 A Level grades A* to C including Maths or a science subject
What will I be doing?
You will be placed in a specific role, undertaking on the job learning and supported by a training provider who will provide the skills and knowledge necessary for you to gain a real qualification.
The portfolio of MOD business is unique, we acquire and support a huge range of systems, services, software solutions & Infrastructure, from the latest tactical communications equipment used on the front line, to a new IT system for MOD Personnel. As an apprentice there are some fantastic opportunities to learn and get involved with.
What is the salary?
Current salary is £16,625.
The MOD Digital Technology Apprentices are predominately based in Corsham, Wiltshire, however there are opportunities elsewhere across the UK, in locations such as Andover and Bristol.