BCA continues to develop its apprenticeship scheme and national graduate recruitment and training programme to create a pool of talent to become future leaders within the business. BCA is committed to building effectiveness and efficiency across the business through training and development.
BCA now offers apprenticeships leading to 35 qualifications, ranging from NVQ level 2 to level 7, with training programmes for operations and departmental management, project management and Lean Improvement practitioners launched last year.
Apprentice numbers at BCA increased significantly to 150 during 2018, with a combination of new recruits undertaking level 2 business and administration qualifications and existing employees studying for their level 7 Master’s degree.
BCA plans to increase the availability and reach of training and development throughout the group to give staff the opportunity to develop both themselves and their careers. The company will also introduce a ‘BCA Fast-track Management Programme’, integrating Business Apprentices into a Graduate Development Programme.
Chris Isaac, BCA Learning and Development Manager commented:
“BCA is committed to building effectiveness and efficiency across the business through training and development and, as the UK and Europe's largest used vehicle marketplace, BCA offers a range of apprenticeship opportunities across a variety of business disciplines and automotive specialisations.”
He added “The Graduate Management Development Programme continues to grow and recruitment has started for the 2019 – 2020 intake. The introduction of Business Apprentices has been a real success and is building for future growth in the business.”
“We continue to expand our working partnerships with various external providers including Remit Training Group, The Open University, Qualitrain, Western College and Qube Learning.”
BCA now offers training and development leading to qualifications in a wide range of disciplines:
- Team Leader / Supervisor – Level 3
- Business and Administrator –Level 2 & 3
- Customer Service Practitioner
- Customer Service Specialist
- Hospitality Team Member – Food Production – Level 2
- Operations / Departmental Manager –Level 5
- Functional Skills in maths and English - Entry 2 to Level 2
- Sales - level 2 and 3
- Digital Marketer
- Vehicle Body Repair Technician – Level 2 & 3
- Vehicle Paint Refinishing Technician – Level 2 & 3
- Mechanical Electrical Trim Technician – Level 2 & 3
- Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship – Level 3
- Professional Accounting / Tax Technician – Level 4
- Chartered Tax Accountant Level 7
- CIMA Level 4 and 7
- ACCA Level 4 and 7
- Internal Audit Level 4
- Infrastructure technician
- Lean Improvement Practitioner Level 3
- Lean Practitioner Improvement Level 4
- Chartered Business Degree Level 6
- Senior Business Master’s Degree Level 7
- Human Resources Support - Level 3
- Human Consultant / Partner – Level 5
- Associate Project Management Level 4
- Large Goods Vehicle (LGV)
From the dock to defleet and beyond, BCA works with OEMs, fleet operators and dealers to provide the backbone of the UK's automotive supply chain.
From technical and logistics services for new vehicles, refurbishment, storage and logistics for the growing used sector and the core remarketing and auction operation, BCA offers the economies of scale and diversity of services to meet the needs of an impressive portfolio of customers.
As the automotive industry faces a period of unprecedented change, BCA is uniquely placed to deliver a range of linked services through the combined infrastructure of regional de-fleet facilities, vehicle logistics and preparation centres and physical, hybrid and digital remarketing channels.
BCA is investing and innovating today to address the big issues facing the automotive industry tomorrow.