Guidance on complying with the rules and regulations for reformed AS and A levels
Ref: Ofqual/19/6503/2PDF, 403KB, 28 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
This guidance is intended to help awarding organisations understand how to comply with the GCE qualification-level conditions and requirements.
All awarding organisations have a legal obligation under section 153 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 to have regard to this guidance.
The guidance on considering marking errors on a review or appeal came into force on 18 August 2016. It supports the changes to regulations for enquiries and appeals we announced on 8 July 2016.Published 23 May 2014
Last updated 23 April 2019 + show all updates
- Document updated to reflect changes following consultation on reviews of marking, moderation and appeals, and put into new brand template.
- Updated following introduction of our rules for enquiries and appeals
- Added guidance on considering marking errors on a review or appeal
- Added new guidance on setting standards
- Published new edition of guidance which updates the list of qualifications it applies to.
- First published.