The government is giving schools extra funding to help improve outcomes for disadvantaged children and other pupils who need extra support.
Pupil premium: effective use and accountability contains separate guidance for school leaders and governing boards.
This is for:
- parents with children in primary or secondary schools
- anyone with an interest in the pupil premium or disadvantaged children
It explains how the government:
- is supporting schools to close the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers
- expects schools to use the pupil premium
- holds schools to account for their decisions