A tool to help special free schools plan their budget.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
Ref: DfE-00099-2019PDF, 88.3KB, 9 pages
This budget planning tool is for:
- groups proposing to open a special free school for children with special educational needs or disabilities
- open special free schools
It gives an indicative funding allocation based on the size, phase and location of the school.
If you applying to open a special free school, you should also complete the application forms.
You can also read the special free schools revenue funding guide.
Last updated 22 October 2019 + show all updates
- Updated Special free schools: financial template 2019 to 2020.
- Updated for the 2019 to 2020 academic year.
- Updated both documents for the 2018 to 2019 academic year.
- Updated financial template spreadsheet to include the correct rate for risk protection assurance.
- Updated both documents for the 2017 to 2018 academic year.
- Updated both documents for the 2016 to 2017 academic year.
- Revised both documents for the 2015 to 2016 academic year.
- All documents updated in February 2015 to reflect known changes to funding rates. Revised versions including 2015 to 2016 funding rates should be available at the end of March 2015.
- First published.