The funding manual for initial teacher training (ITT) places for schools and ITT providers.
PDF, 2.84MB, 28 pages
PDF, 853KB, 29 pages
These funding manuals provide information to schools and ITT providers on School Direct (salaried) funding in England, including:
- criteria and requirements
- funding rates and funded subjects
- how payments are made
- reconciliation, assurance and audit
The School Direct (salaried) route allows schools to:
- request training places directly
- select the ITT provider of teacher training they want to work with
- agree the content and focus of the training programme depending on their needs
Schools can choose and recruit the candidate they want with an expectation that the trainee will be employed by the school or wider partnership of schools.
ITT funding rates and guidance for schools and ITT providers are available for the following academic years:
Last updated 22 October 2019 + show all updates
- Added 'School Direct (salaried) funding manual 2019 to 2020 academic year'.
- Amended the 'conditions of grant' section in the School Direct (salaried) funding manual for 2019 to 2020.
- Updates made to 'Conditions of grant' and 'Withdrawals' for the 2019 to 2020 academic year.
- First published.