D2L’S BRIGHTSPACE SAVES TIME FOR EDUCATORS AND HELPS INCREASE ENGAGEMENT WITH STUDENTS
New ‘Indigo’ release promises to delight teachers and lecturers
Global learning technology leader D2L today announced ‘Indigo’ — the newest release of its Brightspace learning platform — one that further evolves the platform for all users by making it more intuitive and engaging while saving them time.
The Brightspace platform’s new features are well placed to deliver on the aims of the Education Technology Strategy revealed in April, and equip education providers with technology to shape the education journey and reach every learner.
The Indigo release provides education users with the following capabilities.
NEW GRADING EXPERIENCES – MORE IMPACTFUL FEEDBACK & ASSESSMENTS IN LESS TIME
- Provide feedback faster across all courses. It’s easy to find and prioritise student submissions with the new Quick Eval tool.
- Make feedback relevant and impactful for students with annotations.
- Seamlessly evaluate and assess students with easy-to-create rubrics in Brightspace.
- Lecturers and teachers save time by performing outcomes assessments right in Brightspace.
ENGAGE STUDENTS MORE DEEPLY
- The reimagined student experience includes intuitive and clear navigation, full-screen viewing, and progress and completion status — all accessible from any device.
- Lecturers can empower students to share their voice by allowing them to create posts in the activity feed — creating a collaborative and engaging classroom experience.
- Students can drive their own learning by being able to search, discover and self-enroll in courses in Brightspace.
- Keep students engaged and motivated with the new awards widget, available as an add-on, that shows them what awards they’ve earned and what they can earn next.
DATA THAT MAKES SENSE
- Quickly get answers to the questions that are most important to your organisation with new interactive dashboards from Performance Plus.
- Educational administrators can see clearly how Brightspace is being used, by whom and in what ways with the new Adoption Dashboard—to celebrate successes and determine where to invest.
- Educational advisers can identify at-risk and succeeding groups and individuals to take appropriate action by using the new Engagement Dashboard.
- Educators and Instructional Designers can quickly evaluate the effectiveness of quizzes and quiz questions with the Assessment Quality Dashboard.
In addition, Indigo contains a number of other enhancements that educators will enjoy.
“As D2L enters its 20th year of helping change the way the world learns, our team is more focused, more innovative and more responsive to the needs of our growing global community of educators and learners than ever before,” said D2L President and CEO John Baker. “This latest release of Brightspace is evidence that we are leading the way as we enter our third decade of working with educators, on the mission of reaching every learner.”
WHAT OUR USERS ARE SAYING
“Oh, I’m getting feedback from my students now too ... they love it! No more deciphering cryptic text comments in the feedback box. I think you hit a home run with this one! Thanks for the continued improvements and for listening to your customers!!” - Lori Wendt, Parkland College
“I LOVE the improvements that they’ve made to rubrics. I mean really LOVE. The editor is very user-friendly, and I’m no longer dreading creating or updating rubrics!” - Jana Carter Parsons, English Department at Great Falls College, Montana State University.