Gower College Swansea students have secured places at some of the most in-demand acting and theatre schools in the country.
The students – from a range of BTEC Performing Arts, Production Arts and A Level Drama courses – are coming to the end of their time at the Gorseinon campus and are looking forward to the next stage in their careers.
“The auditions process is an intensive one and competition is fierce so we are all are delighted with this year’s successes,” says Learning Area Manager David Lloyd-Jones. “We have established excellent working relationships with some of the top performance colleges in the UK – with audition workshops and master classes with leading industry professionals taking place regularly at the Gorseinon campus – and it’s great to see that all that hard work has paid off. We will continue to support these students as they progress and wish them all the best for the future.”
The students are:
- Megan Coslett (heading to Cambridge University to study English, Drama and the Arts);
- Lauren Raisbeck (Arts Educational School London);
- Taylor Brett (Royal Central School of Speech and Drama);
- Meg Marston-Phipps (Edge Hill University to study Drama);
- Daniel Davies (Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts);
- Connor Brain (Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance);
- Rhys Ferris (Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance);
- Kieran Gough (Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama);
- Joel Williams (Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama);
- Conar O’Brien (Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts)
- Hollie Singer (BIMM - British and Irish Modern Music Institute).