We're seeking views on plans to improve the quality of classroom-based higher technical education in England.
This consultation closes at
Higher technical education is post-18 education aligned to technical routes, such as accounting, engineering, management or laboratory science.
We’d like to hear your views on our plans to:
- create a new system to make it clearer which higher technical qualifications provide the skills employers want
- work with the Office for Students (the independent higher education regulator) to recognise and develop high-quality provision of higher technical education
- make higher technical education a more positive and popular choice by raising awareness and understanding of it among potential students and employers
This consultation is for anyone with an interest in technical education and training for young people and adults in England.
- Higher technical education interim impact assessments
- Higher technical education: current system and case for change