Website Acorn Training Ltd
To provide guidance and support to learners throughout their learning journey, playing a crucial role in helping them achieve their learning goals, stay motivated, and overcome any obstacles they may face during their programme.
• Working with curriculum delivery teams to provide support related information which will help ensure learners are on appropriate programmes of learning based on their individual learning need.
• Facilitating learning support interviews and initial assessment/Cognassist activities following referral by curriculum colleagues, identifying learning support needs and evaluating support requirements.
• Working with curriculum delivery teams to identify learners that may become or are ‘at risk’ of not achieving.
• Producing accurate records of learning support activities and ensuring appropriate individual learning support plans and strategies are generated, monitored, and updated in a timely manner.
• Providing learning support for learners on a 1:1 basis, in small groups and to individuals within large groups in classroom settings as required.
• Providing opportunities for learners to experience independent learning and encourage them where possible to become self-reliant.
• Providing ‘off-site’ support for learners participating in apprenticeships, work placements or bespoke programmes where required.
• Coordinating the referral process of exam adjustment assessments for case loaded ALS learners. • Facilitating 12 weekly and annual reviews for learners with EHCPs in a timely manner.
Key Performance Indicators
• Timely Paperwork Submission Rate: the percentage of compliant documentation submitted within the designated timeframe.
• Audit Compliance Rate: the quality and accuracy of submitted records by measuring the percentage of records that meet the auditing standards.
• Learner Feedback Rating: the satisfaction level of learners based on the quality and standard of the support received.
• Timely Contact Rate: the percentage of learners contacted within 48 hours of referral.
• Learner Progress Rate: the progress made by learners in receipt of learning support.
Health and Safety
• You will ensure you follow all Acorn Training health and safety guidelines and fire regulations set out in the polices, follow safe working practices, and complete all mandatory training requirements.
• Be aware of and follow all Acorn Training policies.
• Have regular 121’s throughout the year to monitor performance, objectives and progress and support your personal development and wellbeing.
• Take part in any required training needed to fulfil your role.
• Commitment to the Professional Standards – Values and Attributes, Professional Knowledge and Understanding and Professional Skills.
• Promote and uphold the principles, policies, and all relevant statutory requirements, including the Equality Act, the HASWA, GDPR and Safeguarding, including Prevent.
• Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post.
Qualifications and specific training
• Level 2/3 Learning Support or mentoring/coaching qualification
• GCSE grade A*-C (or equivalent) in English and Maths
• Full driving licence
• L4 subject specific qualification
• L3 teaching qualification (PTLLS, AET etc) Experience
• Previous experience in a mentoring, coaching, or counselling role, within adult education.
• Experience in working with adult learners from diverse backgrounds and supporting their individual needs.
• Experience in maintaining accurate records, completing administrative tasks, and managing confidential information.
• Familiarity with conducting assessments, monitoring learner progress, and providing constructive feedback.
• Experience of collaborating with other professionals, such as trainers, tutors, and support staff. • Experience assessing and working with SpLD.
• Previous experience of managing learners with challenging behaviours.
• Strong knowledge of learner Safeguarding and Welfare requirements.
• Knowledge of various learning styles and strategies to support diverse learners.
• Familiarity with relevant policies and procedures related to learner support and safeguarding.
• Understanding of educational systems, learning theories, and principles of effective mentoring.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different individuals and situations.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Active listening skills
• Effective problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
• Organisational and time management skills
• Empathy and patience to support learners through challenges and provide emotional support.
• Ability to motivate and inspire learners, fostering a positive learning environment.