A training bursary guide for schools and ITT providers.
PDF, 532KB, 43 pages
PDF, 1.18MB, 46 pages
These funding guides provide information to schools and ITT providers on:
- bursary and scholarship rates
- subject, qualification and candidate eligibility
- how payments are made
- assurance procedures
The Department for Education funds training bursaries and scholarships for trainees on eligible ITT courses in England.
Bursary amounts will vary depending on:
- teaching subject
- degree class
- highest relevant academic qualification
Scholarships are awarded by the relevant professional body for the subject.
ITT funding rates and guidance for schools and ITT providers are available for the following academic years:
Last updated 22 October 2019 + show all updates
- Added the 'Initial teacher training bursaries funding manual: 2020 to 2021 academic year'.
- Updated 2019 to 2020 funding manual scholarship and bursary eligibility information.
- Updated the 2019 to 2020 funding manual 'Possession of, or eligibility for, QTS' section: teachers with qualified teaching status are not eligible to receive a training bursary. Deleted the sentence about accessing other ITT as this is not accurate.
- First published.