From education to employment

Introducing national standards for unregulated accommodation

Consultation outcome

The government wants to hear what care experienced children and young people think should be covered in new national standards for unregulated accommodation, and how we make sure that they are high quality and keep young people safe.

We would like to know your views on:

how to tell the difference between children’s homes and independent and semi-independent accommodation
what this type of accommodation should be called
what should be included in the new standards
how Ofsted should make sure the accommodation is following the new standards

We have also published a separate version of this consultation aimed at local authorities and providers.

Related Articles