Parenta, a leader in early years software solutions and the UK’s largest apprenticeship training provider has released a comprehensive guide aimed at empowering early years practitioners to seamlessly integrate the latest EYFS curriculum changes into their settings – addressing the challenges of staying compliant with the evolving EYFS framework and offering essential tips and practical advice.
Key highlights of the guide include:
- Giving clear insights into the modifications in the EYFS framework, emphasising flexibility in staffing ratios and reducing known burdens.
- A focus on providing clarity on ambiguities and helping settings deliver high-quality education.
- A detailed breakdown of the prime and specific areas of learning to guide early years curriculum planning.
- Guidance on utilising external documents like “Development Matters” and “Birth to Five Matters” to tailor curriculum planning based on individual child needs.
- Practical steps for assessing current practices, implementing statutory changes, and informing and training staff.
- Emphasis on positive communication, staff consultation, and collaboration with other nurseries for successful implementation.
- Detailed coverage of changes in child: practitioner ratios, meal and snack time supervision, allergy awareness, maths qualifications, and language development.
- Practical considerations and tips for managers in making informed decisions about implementing changes.
- Recommendations for continuous professional development, including Parenta’s CPD courses on change management and conflict resolution.
- Encouragement for practitioners to consult with the Local Authority, assess the impact of changes, and communicate effectively with parents.
For media inquiries, please contact [email protected]