Even though PLAs have been provento be an effective tool in breaking into employment, participation has decreased considerably. Ways of perhaps increasing participation are as follows.
· The SSC, LSC and, government should combine forces to make this programme as effective and enriching as it can be. Methods could include:
– In the thorough promotion of PLAs through all possible outlets i.e. further education, LSCs and LEAs.
– Abolishing all full-time vocational perhaps or, incorporating PLAs into these courses.
– In unifying all available information on PLAs so that the common goal and purpose of this programme is clear to prospective students.
· EMA should be given to PLA learners as work placement hours are equivalent to the hours that make a student eligible for EMA.
· Given the current circumstances with young people increasingly turning to gun and knife crimes, PLAs with the right force behind it, offer a route from education straight into employment. A fulfilling future and encouraging power to propel youngsters away form violence and towards education and employment.