2018 Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education data shows CMI accredited management courses provide graduates with better employability prospects in professional roles than non CMI accredited business courses.
The latest CMI analysis of the 2018 Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey data shows positive progress in the employability of graduates from CMI accredited courses.
The analysis found:
- CMI-accredited courses saw a 7 percentage point uplift between 2015 and 2018 for graduates employed in professional roles 6 months after graduation; this compares to a less than 1 percentage point increase for non-accredited business courses; and
- 58% of graduates from CMI-accredited courses were in professional roles, compared to 48% of graduates on non-accredited business courses.
CMI works with over 100 universities across the UK to deliver dual accredited programmes that enhance learners’ management and leadership skills and produce work-ready graduates. Accreditation means learners graduate with both a degree and a professional qualification, setting those on CMI-accredited courses apart from their peers and providing advantage in the highly competitive graduate recruitment market.
The latest analysis supports the findings of CMI’s 2018 report, 21st Century Leaders, which highlighted the benefits that employers, education providers and students all identified from studying a CMI-accredited course:
- 90% of education partners say that CMI has a high level of impact on student employability;
- 82% of students believe that a CMI qualification will make them more employable; and
- two thirds (66%) of employers want to see graduates achieve professional qualifications alongside their main degree.
Steve Heappey, CMI’s Director of Employer & Provider Partnerships, said these statistics show that momentum is building behind accredited business courses:
“The latest analysis shows that CMI accreditation delivers real, tangible benefits for graduates in the jobs market.
“Students want to know their studies will enhance their employment prospects and lead to great careers. It’s clear from the latest CMI analysis that studying on a CMI-accredited course helps graduates achieve these goals.
“It’s also clear that CMI-accreditation allows universities and other education providers to differentiate their offering in a crowded market and broaden the appeal and impact of their degree programmes.
“All CMI-accredited courses start learners on their path to becoming Chartered. Chartered Manager is the most prestigious achievement in management, is the hallmark of a confident and efficient leader and provides a further boost to earnings potential.