This policy sets out how the government will support and intervene to improve financial resilience and quality in colleges, and includes the extended the criteria for FE Commissioner diagnostic assessments so a college can be referred for one earlier than the current criteria allows.
The decision to place a college into Supervised College Status has been delegated to the Case Management Group (CMG).
Ref: DFE-00068-2019PDF, 595KB, 46 pages
The policy sets out a strengthened approach to supporting and intervening in colleges, including:
- a preventative function to identify problems sooner
- extended triggers for early and formal intervention
- a strengthened role for the FE Commissioner to review provision in a local area
- use of independent business reviews to support effective decision making
- introduction of the statutory college insolvency regime
Secretary of State for Education
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
Published 1 April 2019
Last updated 22 August 2019 + show all updates
- Extended the criteria for FE Commissioner diagnostic assessments so a college can be referred for one earlier than the current criteria allows. Delegated the decision to place a college into Supervised College Status to the Case Management Group (CMG).
- First published.