Claim £2,000 after tax before 28 February 2020. (This may be subject to a small student loan deduction.)
For more information about how much money you’ll receive, visit the eligibility and payment guidance.
You can claim if you:
- teach maths or physics
- have a degree in maths or physics or completed initial teacher training in maths or physics – check which qualifications are eligible
- teach at a state-funded secondary school in certain areas – check which areas are eligible
- have either qualified teacher status (QTS) or qualified teacher learning and skills (QTLS) status
- completed your initial teacher training (ITT) course in or after the 2014 to 2015 academic year
- are not currently subject to formal capability proceedings or disciplinary action
The application should take around 15 to 45 minutes to complete.
Before you apply
- your National Insurance Number
- your bank account details
- your 7 digit teacher reference number – you can get this from either your school, the certificate you got when you qualified, or from the teacher qualifications helpdesk
- the academic year in which you completed your initial teacher training
- your passport or photocard driving licence to prove your identity using GOV.UK Verify – if you’ve used GOV.UK Verify before, you’ll just need your sign-in details
Published 28 January 2020
Last updated 5 February 2020 + show all updates
Added a closing date for applications.