On behalf of South East Wales Regional Skills Partnership, LSkIP, Cardiff and Vale College has been commissioned to undertake a skills survey of small and medium sized employers across the Cardiff Capital Region to help support the next Employment and Skills Plan.
The skills survey will provide a unique opportunity for SMEs to influence the future skills agenda for priority sectors including Construction, Advanced Materials and Manufacturing, Financial and Professional Services, Education, ICT and Health and Social Care Services.
The CAVC Research Team, led by James Scorey, will be advised by Professor Dylan Jones-Evans, OBE. Founder of the Fast Growth 50 Awards and a leading commentator on the Welsh economy, Professor Jones-Evans will not only contribute valuable experience and knowledge of the SME market in Wales but also provide independent validation of the survey findings.
The survey builds on the Large Employers Skills Survey delivered in 2016, in partnership with The University of South Wales, and further demonstrates Cardiff and Vale College’s commitment to providing quality labour market intelligence and research in its efforts to support economic development and growth in South East Wales.
CAVC Vice Principal for Commercial Business Development Mary Kent said: “At Cardiff and Vale College we engage with thousands of employers every year to ensure that we fully understand and support their workforce needs and development. We are delighted to be chosen to deliver such an important research project, that will give a voice to SMEs on their training requirements as we move forward with the development of the Cardiff Capital Region.
“The opportunity to support the LSkIP agenda and Welsh Government in its research continues our mission to unlock potential and develop skills and helps us contribute to the economic development and growth of the region”
Notes to editors
- in 2016 CAVC won the prestigious UK-wide Association of Colleges Beacon Award for its innovative and sector leading apprenticeship provision
- Cardiff and Vale College is one of the top companies for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the National Centre for Diversity’s 2016 Top 100 Index. It has also been awarded the National Centre for Diversity’s Award for Welsh FE College of the Year 2016
- CAVC has been shortlisted for the TES College of the Year Award – the winner will be announced in February 2017
- Cardiff and Vale College was awarded College of the Year at the 2015 and 2016 Insider Business and Education Partnership Awards
- Why not follow the latest updates from Cardiff and Vale College on LinkedIn: CardiffandValeCollege or Twitter: @cavcemployers
For more information contact:
Tel: 01446 725003. Mob: 07932 770938