Employers with an annual pay bill in excess of £3 million (including groups of connected companies and charities who have annual pay bills over this amount) will need to pay the apprenticeship levy.
Employers must also be registered on the apprenticeship service to access their apprenticeship funds and spend them on apprenticeship training. Registering an account on the apprenticeship service is a quick simple process.
Once you have registered:
- Sign your agreement so you can spend levy funds.
- Register additional organisations to your account.
- Register additional PAYE schemes to your account.
- Decide the other team members you’re going to add to your account.
- Work with your chosen training provider to add your apprentices to your account.
Apprenticeship levy liability must be reported to HMRC through your usual monthly PAYE process by 19th of each month.
Help and support
Call the National Contact Centre helpline on 08000 150 600 or email.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in