Principles, considerations and examples of practical support to help ITE providers reduce the workload faced by trainee teachers and their school partners.
Ref: DFE-00320-2018PDF, 341KB, 18 pages
This information is for initial teacher education (ITE) providers.
It contains practical examples to help you reduce the workload of trainee teachers and their partnership schools, covering:
- principles for ITE providers to help reduce workload
- ensuring the content of ITE courses helps reduce workload
- addressing the workload of trainees on professional placements and their schools
- supporting the wider partnership to reduce workload
- supporting trainees’ mental health and wellbeing
Further guidance is available on: