AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) has opened nominations for its new Impact Awards, which celebrate the achievements of inspirational people from across the AAT community.
The Impact Awards are open to current AAT students and apprentices as well as current AAT professional members (AATQB, MAAT and FMAAT). Tutors from AAT approved training providers and employers who train their staff using AAT are also eligible to apply.
Entrants can complete a self-nomination or nominate someone else in any of the six award categories:
- Excellence Award – someone who has supercharged their career and made an impact on their business – from spearheading sustainability initiatives to rapid progression through the ranks
- One To Watch Award – someone who has made an extraordinary impact in their AAT journey so far, advancing quickly and making a difference to their workplace
- Inspiration Award – someone who has inspired others to level up in their careers, going above and beyond their remit with passion
- Social Impact Award – organisations that have helped to drive social mobility and access to the accountancy profession
- Triumph Award – someone who has overcome several challenges to begin their AAT journey, demonstrating personal resilience every step of the way
- Global Champion Award – someone who has helped to widen the impact of AAT and/or drives the standards of the accountancy profession across borders.
To enter the Awards, applicants must provide a short summary of their inspirational story and how they meet the criteria.
Winners in each category will receive a unique AAT trophy and will be invited to attend the Impact Awards ceremony in Birmingham on 3 February 2023, where AAT will also be launching our 2030 Strategic Plan. They will also have the opportunity to be featured in a new set of videos highlighting the stories of inspirational people in the AAT community.
Christina Earls, President, AAT, said:
“AAT has nearly 124,000 members and students worldwide and our new Impact Awards offer a real opportunity to highlight the unsung heroes in our global community. The awards will recognise those having an impact on their own or indeed others’ careers, lives and businesses, as well as the finance sector and society as a whole. If you, or someone you know, would be the perfect fit for one of the six award categories, then I’d encourage you to enter as soon as possible and help us showcase AAT accountants doing extraordinary things.”
Nominations for the AAT Impact Awards will close at 17.00 UK time on Friday 9 December 2022.
For more information on the Awards and how to enter, please visit the AAT website.