The CEO of one of the UK’s leading providers of apprenticeships and work-based training is stepping down after 8 years in post, having seen the organisation grow from a regional enterprise of 30 employees with a turnover of £1million, to a national company of over 200 employees, with a turnover in excess of £10.5million.
Chris Longmate is stepping down as CEO of Positive Outcomes, following 8 successful years of continuous company growth and development.
During his time at the helm Chris has seen the complete restructuring of the business – introducing a clear and robust strategy, creating new divisions, bringing in performance objectives, formulating an enhanced focus on branding and embedding a commercial culture to foster organisational growth.
When Chris first stepped into the role in 2009 Positive Outcomes was a regional, East Midlands based outfit. Under his guidance, the company has rapidly expanded, with head offices in Derbyshire now supplemented by offices in Nottingham and Manchester along with dozens of field-based operatives working right across the country to deliver Positive Outcomes’ apprenticeship vision.
Chris Longmate said: “It’s been a fantastic eight years and Positive Outcomes has evolved beyond all recognition in that time. I’m extremely proud of the organisation it’s become today. The business growth is testament to the hard work of the staff throughout the years I’ve been here and I feel privileged to have watched so many of them develop into an experienced and professional team who are a credit to the Positive Outcomes’ brand.”
On his reasons for leaving Chris said: “Having worked in the sector for 8 years, the time is right for me to take on new opportunities. I leave the company in the very capable hands of the managing directors, Kelly Ball and Ryan Longmate. Positive Outcomes is in an excellent position as one of the UK’s leading apprenticeship providers and, thanks to its structure and highly skilled workforce is well equipped to cope with both the challenges and the opportunities offered by the impending levy and the new chapter in the sector.”
He added: “From board directors, to senior and operational management, to delivery, sales and support functions – I am totally confident Positive Outcomes will meet this new challenge head on and continue to thrive.”
Chris Longmate concluded: “I would like to thank each and every one of the staff who I have worked with over the past 8 years. It’s been a privilege and a pleasure, and I look forward to seeing the company’s continued development under new stewardship.”
Positive Outcomes is one of the country’s top ten independent training providers and a direct contractor in the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) Top 40 Providers list.The firm is actively recruiting for roles at their head office and other locations throughout the country as well as for prospective apprenticeship candidates. For more information on job opportunities, apprenticeships and the work that Positive Outcomes do visit www.positiveoutcomes.org.uk or ring 0800 488 0488 to find out more.
About Positive Outcomes:
- Positive Outcomes is a national training provider specialising in Government-funded apprenticeships, funded training for those already in employment and corporate training, and is proud to be one of the country’s top ten independent training providers. It is a very recognisable corporate brand working across the UK, operating for almost 20 years.
- Positive Outcomes is a direct contractor in the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) Top 40 Provider list. It is renowned for being one of the country’s largest training providers with great pay for staff.
- Positive Outcomes’ chairman Geoff Russell is the former CEO of the SFA.
- Theteam pridesitself ondeliveringan excellent,highquality service, which includes a minimum 12-month learning period and nationally recognised qualifications.
- Paid to Learn is a dedicated apprenticeship website from Positive Outcomes specifically aimed at matching 16 to 23-year-olds with an apprenticeship. More information is available at www.paidtolearn.co.uk.
- The company has a teamdedicated to findingcandidateapprenticesfor employers anddeliveringrelevanton-the-job training, and is oneof onlyafew trainingproviders approvedtodeliverapprenticeshipLevel5 Managementtraining.
- Positive Outcomes was awarded a Gold Award in the Apprenticeships 4 England Training Provider Awards 2014 and was awarded an Ofsted grade 2 (Good) in 2013.
- Positive Outcomes is accredited by and working in partnership with Investor in People and is part of a £360m investment company, making it one of the strongest training providers in the UK.