Postgraduate teaching apprenticeship funding manual for initial teacher training (ITT) places for schools and ITT providers.
PDF, 861KB, 33 pages
These funding manuals provide information to schools and ITT providers on postgraduate teaching apprenticeship grant funding in England, including:
- criteria and requirements
- funding rates and funded subjects
- how payments are made
- reconciliation, assurance and audit
The postgraduate teaching apprenticeship is an ITT route that combines paid work with off-the-job training, qualifications and progression. It allows candidates to train to become qualified teachers.
ITT funding rates and guidance for schools and ITT providers are available for the following academic years:
- 2019 to 2020
- 2018 to 2019
- 2017 to 2018 (postgraduate teaching apprenticeship funding was not available)
Last updated 22 October 2019 + show all updates
- Added 'Postgraduate teaching apprenticeship funding manual 2020 to 2021 academic year'.
- Updated 'Conditions of grant' in the 2019 to 2020 funding manual.
- Updated 2019 to 2020 funding manual: added information about apprentice start date and when we will pay the first postgraduate teacher apprenticeship grant payment.
- First published.