Want to find your dream job? Lisa shares some advice on how to work with a recruitment agency to find your dream job:
If you are in the market for work, don’t make recruiters jump through hoops to contact you. These 6 top tips could help you secure your dream job:
- Register with a reputable agency that specialises in your field. They will keep you updated on the latest jobs available to save you trawling through endless adverts online.
- Ensure your CV captures the recruiters immediate attention. Keep it relevant, do not expect the recruiter to read between the lines to work out whether you have the right qualifications and experience.
- Make sure your contact details are up to date and correct on your CV. There is nothing worse for a recruiter than to source a fantastic CV and then not be able to make contact with the candidate due to incorrect phone numbers or email addresses.
- Keep your CV updated with your work history and refresh it regularly if using online job boards. Recruiters will tend to search for CV’s that have been uploaded within the last month so you could be missing out on your dream role by using an outdated CV.
- Have a voice mail facility on your phone. If you are looking for work, recruiters need to be able to contact you.
- Be open and honest and with recruiters. They are trying to secure you work so if you know you are going on holiday or are unable to commit to certain days, be upfront. It isn’t helpful for anyone to find this information out once the contract has been agreed and it doesn’t look good to the employer.
Lisa Aldred – Candidate Attraction Manager – Protocol