Guidance and form for initial teacher training providers applying for subject knowledge enhancement programmes for the 2018 to 2019 academic year.
Ref: DFE-00108-2018 PDF, 216KB, 16 pages
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 103KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need aversion of this document in a more accessible format, please email [email protected] .Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Applications for the 2018 to 2019 academic year closed on Friday 2 November.
Providers can apply to go on a waiting list up until Friday 16 November. Being on the waiting list is no guarantee of funding.
The guidance explains:
- what subject knowledge enhancement is
- who can benefit from it
- how to apply
- how providers will deliver the programme
Subject knowledge enhancement programmes:
- help applicants gain the depth of subject knowledge needed to train and teach their chosen subject
- only apply to mathematics
- are only for pre-service, post-graduate programmes
- specifically support programmes which allow trainees to teach maths to GCSE and level 3
Published 10 April 2018
Last updated 7 November 2018 + show all updates
- Updated with information about the application closing dates.
- First published.