The team at touchconsulting Ltd is delighted to launch the penultimate pathway of the Education and Training Foundation’s #APConnect year 4 programme: the Northstar Train the Trainers in Advanced Practice pathway!
This exciting, fresh and cutting-edge opportunity is now open for experienced Advanced Practitioners.
We are offering up to 25 fully subsidised places to those operating in AP-type roles.
This includes our first venture into face-to-face training after 20 months! Eeek!
We are looking far and wide for experienced APs with influence and potentia within their organisation and a remit to support and develop an AP team.
This programme is designed for experienced APs who are (ideally) graduates of the #APConnect Programme; hungry to learn with and from the team and each other, and can accommodate the tight timelines plus time commitment as well as the self-directed ethos of Northstar!
You’ll be selected on to the programme – please do take a look at the entry requirements. If you hold Advanced Teacher Status – fantastic as it’s desirable.
If you don’t that’s fine as it’s not an entry requirement. We are limiting applications to one Northstar applicant per organisation. If you’ve got a strong case for multiple applications e.g. multiple sites, large AP teams etc get in touch.
In short you and your organisation are committing to:
- participating in Northstar professional development: PD1, PD2 & PD3 (self-study, face-to-face and online)
- PD1 0.5 asynchronous, initial study
- PD2 full day face-to-face in central Birmingham; either 26 Wed January or 2 Wed February 2022
- PD3 10-3.50pm via Zoom on Thu 10 February 2022
- accessing mentoring support from an experienced mentor
- training/supporting/developing 3-4 other APs in your workplace or networks
- submitting one summative impact story of your Northstar experience.
Please check you can make the PD dates and delivery models as we’re not planning to run any mops.
Joining instructions and further guidance will be provided once your application has been approved. This includes social distancing guidelines for the face-to-face PD2 event. So here goes. Good luck.
- Course guidance – read carefully!
- Application form
- Deadline for round 1*: 9am Friday 17 December 2021.
* We will open round 2 recruitment as needed.