Some four thousand new students have been welcomed to their first year at Cardiff and Vale College’s biggest ever Freshers’ Week at its Barry and City Centre Campuses.
The students were introduced to the various services and support that CAVC has to offer, as well as a range of exciting activities including dressing up boxes, Spin to Win with Capital FM and a white water raft from the White Water Rafting Centre. Stands also gave out vouchers for local shops and venues, and the College’s Hair, Beauty and Holistic Therapy students performed live demos at the events, which were sponsored by Subway.
Tamara Thomas, a 19-year-old Level 2 Music and Performance student from Cardiff, said: “The Freshers’ Fayre has actually been really good fun. My favourite thing today has been the dressing up box and having my photo taken.
“I think the Fayre is really good idea to help people settle in to the College and see what other subject areas are available.”
Hospitality and Catering student Mantu Mbye, 16 and from Cardiff, said of the Barry Freshers’ Fayre at its Colcot Road campus: “The Fayre’s been really good and I’ve really enjoyed it. It’s a nice welcome for everyone and everyone is so friendly and smiling – I think that’s really nice.”
Fellow Hospitality and Catering learner, 16-year-old Courtney Weaver from Barry, added: “I think it’s been brilliant. Cardiff City Football Club’s stand is my favourite because they’re my team – this has been a really nice welcome to Cardiff and Vale College.”
Notes to editors
- Photos show 7291: Students (l-r) Elliot Jean and Caitlin Brockway in Cardiff
- Cardiff and Vale College is one of the top companies for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the National Centre for Diversity’s 2016 Top 100 Index
- Cardiff and Vale College was awarded College of the Year at the 2015 Insider Business and Education Partnership Awards
- Apply now to join CAVC in Sept 2016: visit for details
- Why not follow the latest updates from Cardiff and Vale College on Facebook or Twitter @cavc?
For more information contact:
Tel: 01446 725003. Mob: 07932 770938