DfE today (26 Oct) updated their statutory guidance for local authorities on supplying transport to students and trainees aged 16 to 18.
This statutory guidance is for local authorities.
It applies to all post-16 students or trainees attending:
- a school
- a further education institution
- an authority maintained or assisted institution providing higher or further education
- an establishment funded directly by the Education Funding Agency
- a learning provider that is funded by the local authority to deliver accredited programmes of learning (including colleges, charities and private learning providers)
- a place of work or apprenticeship
Statutory guidance sets out what schools and local authorities must do to comply with the law. You should follow the guidance unless you have a very good reason not to.